West Coast Marine, Newport CA - Customer Review

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hungry1

Reaction score
I bought my Parker from a dealer in San Diego that was on their way out of business. It was the worst purchasing experience I've ever had. They tried to make it up to me by doing my 20 hour service for free... in the process they scratched the shit out of one of the cowlings, stripped the threads on one of the fuel filter housings, didn't properly secure the oil dipsticks on both engines which lead to the oil spilling out of them when the engines were up. My bilge was an absolute mess of oil....especially because I had a faulty valve on one of the through hull fittings so when I took her out the next time I took on a lot of water and that mixed with the oil. Anyway, I could keep going but I'm sure my point is made. When it came time to do my 100 hour service I had someone come to me to perform the service and it went okay...just okay.

I ended meeting Kevin Kelly from West Coast Marine at the Fred Hall show in Del Mar last March. He is the closest Parker dealer to where I'm located. I decided to make the 1.5 hour drive up to Newport Beach the next time I needed my engines serviced. They were awesome. They trouble shot the problem I had with taking on water and repaired the through hull valve, they fixed some air bubbles in the glass on the gunnels (flawlessly) and performed the standard engine service. Its a bit of a mission to have to take my boat so far to get serviced but with what I have been through there is nothing better than feeling confident in the people working on my boat. If anyone else is in So-Cal and not feeling warm and fuzzy about the service you are getting, I highly recommend talking to the team at West Coast Marine in Newport Beach.

Side note....Kevin also made some vinyl panels with organizer pockets for the pilot house. They are great. I bought one for both sides and i use them for sunscreen, maps, licenses, knives, etc. Its great to have all those little pockets for nicknack items.

http://www.westcoastmarine.com/

Attachments

• Cracks.jpg
    Cracks.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 169
  • L1000784.JPG
    L1000784.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 194
  • L1000786.JPG
    L1000786.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 169
I pull my parker from san Diego to them, they are the best Kevin,Gonzallo and Nick do top notch work.

Back