What new model would you like to see Parker make?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parker need to take thier 25 hull or the big 28 hull and make it into an express boat with a tower so that it looks like one of the Carolina built boats. The hull needs to be any color the customer wants.

Interesting to see that some of the responses are for boats other manufacturers currently produce, but, most here would rather see Parker build them. Says alot for brand loyalty. I suppose if Parker were to expand their offerings, it would be easiest to work with a current hull they produce already. Also, liked the idea of a center console with a storage locker forward. Never realized that the one level deck on a Steiger resulted in the taller cabin, just thought they looked different. I bet they would sell more 25' and 28' center console models, if one versions was offered in 24 degree configuration. Enjoyed reading this thread, being a newbie it seems that you all who have been at awhile have a pretty good idea of what you want in a boat. Fun read, thanks.

I would love to see the 2830 they only made a few of with the full standup head and dinette in the pilothouse. I did not like the lines of the single 2830 they made in 2011...

I'd like to see 25-28 SC's with a raised fwd deck housing a direct-drive INBOARD diesel engine. (Cummins, Yanmar Turbo?) That way you dont have an engine box in the way, just a step down to aft deck, a full transom and plenty of power with great fuel economy.

Cycler If you would like storage in front of the console in the deck, get out the tools and go at it. I did and there is a ton of space down there, if you cut the hole big enough you could get down there. Just make sure you cut in front of the fuel tank bulkhead. :idea:

charlesretired":3by59ucg said:
Cycler If you would like storage in front of the console in the deck, get out the tools and go at it. I did and there is a ton of space down there, if you cut the hole big enough you could get down there. Just make sure you cut in front of the fuel tank bulkhead. :idea:

We actually sold the boat to RyanC here on this board. Just not a center console guy. Currently looking for a 23' w/a. See my post in the for sale section. Truthfully, storage was never a problem, for us, on the 23 dvcc.

23' DV , Open Back PH( step down not a problem with open back, it's pain when you only have a door entry), Walk around and the PH, full transom w/ 2 doors( platform could be an option) each side of an engine box that houses a diesel. Maybe need a 25' to make it work. Yes small PH area and deck space is chopped up however their is access everywhere.
OH YEA, OFF WHITE !!!
23 PHWAD ... well I'll work on that

or easy to make now and $50K less, 23' open back of PH with walk around feature too and an OB on a full bracket.
or 25 CC with Diesel.

I said it in another thread. A 2820 with a single diesel, straight inboard and pocket drive would be an awesome, efficent towable battle wagon... And since this is a fantasy, put some sort of small skeg infront of the main shaft, then run a SS bar back to the rudder to give some grounding protection.... It would not be as fast as an outboard, but would be an honest 2nmpg boat and could probably do 18-20 knots in confused 3-5s without pounding....

I would like to see 2120 with the motor on a bracket much like the 2320. Steiger Craft makes it that way on their 21 footer, why cant Parker.
Also a stand-up head optional on all of the pilothouses.

Megabyte":1bbui45p said:
If the step-down were not there, the pilothouse would be too tall and out of proportion to the rest of the boat.
There are other makes who have a flat floor, Steiger and Judge being two.

Put one of those boats next to a Parker and the difference is obvious.

This is correct. Also, stepping down gets you lower in the boat, giving a lower center of gravity (like a full inboard would) as outboard boats already have a good amount of weight hanging off their transoms.

Megabyte":9qarul59 said:
If the step-down were not there, the pilothouse would be too tall and out of proportion to the rest of the boat.
There are other makes who have a flat floor, Steiger and Judge being two.

Put one of those boats next to a Parker and the difference is obvious.

Correct, and that will also raise the center of gravity and it will become top heavy. Ive been on a top heavy boat like the Bayliner 2252 hardtop, let me tell you , its SCARY !!!!

Back