What subscriptions/services do you have related to your boat?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe to like uhhhhhhh ... learn from each other?

Like in my area (Mass), the phone app Wunderground is fantastic for accurate weather predictions, although for wind I'll augment that with Windy and the NOAA offshore weather buoy 'real time' readings. The radar outlook also gives you a 2-hour window to see if that front you can see off in the distance is headed for you.

This site was started with the intent to share knowledge whilst maintaining an extremely high 'signal to noise' ratio (none of the BS that you see on The Hull Truth, etc.). I do hope that is still the fact ...

I understand exactly. It sounded (and still sounds) a lot like a marketing question since he or she specified "paid" subscriptions in post 1, not just generic apps etc.

I'm here for the reasons you mentioned, not for marketing. I totally agree about some of the mess on THT, but one thing is nice for sure is that once you pay the fee, the popups end. All of them.
And I do love this site and my Parker, btw.

Last edited:
I maintain a set tow membership and I also have a subscription with Garmin for the satellite messenger.. I go offshore whenever I can which is about once a month and I've got a bunch of kids at home and my wife needs to be able to get a hold of me if there's a problem.

Edit: I also subscribe to Bouyweather, they seem to be pretty accurate for this area, my DNR buddies tell me that they use it too.

Last edited:
Curious what paid subscriptions/services you have as it relates to your boat things like; maintenance trackers, navigation software, etc.
Greetings. I subscribe to Garmin's Navionics updates for both my smartphone and onboard 741XT (I think that's the model number).
I also subscribe to Sail Flow and BoatUS.
As for maintenance, I keep a close eye on everything, along with my boat maintenance pro.

Garmin OTA Chart Updates. Maintenance is done by a dependable boatworks, but for a 2003 21SE w/ a 150 HPDI Yamaha 2 stroke powerhouse of an outboard (430 hrs) and the addition of trim tabs, she is in great shape. I am going to look into maintenance reminders though.
Curious what paid subscriptions/services you have as it relates to your boat things like; maintenance trackers, navigation software, etc.

Back