WHAT WOULD U THINK?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gameon2000parker

Reaction score
Man what a crazy day! In January I purchased a 2520 2000 parker. After going through the boat and having some minor repairs done, I decided it was time to test her out. My family and I were cruising about 5 miles off shore as we were testing the boat, to my surprise I spotted an orange object a float 50 yards away. As we idiled closer to my surprise it was a life jacket, that was very water logged. While we retrived the life jacket we spotted another life jacket a float 20 yards away that was even more water logged. And both had been in the water for a very long time. My girlfriend and I was shocked and recalled the events of the 3 missing fisherman. In the original search 3 weeks ago, only one life jacket was retrieved, and two of the other life jackets were still missing that the fisherman had on. As reported by the survivor the 3 other missing men had abandoned there life jackets. Due to the nasty conditions and gusty winds of a cold front in the past few days it would be my prediction that these life jackets were blown in from off shore. :shock:

I have contacted the coast guard and the news, told them of my findings, at first they seemed a little speechless and though as we did.

WHAT WOULD YOU THINK! A shocking day for our boat being on the water for the first time.

Probably a good reason to mark the gear on your boat.
Need to add that to my list of 'things to do'.

Back