Whats it called?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyt707

Reaction score
hey guys im installing a kicker on my new to me 2320 and when i make the hole in the transom what is the name of the part that i seal the hole and around the wires. i am having a hell of a time trying to remeber what its called. any pointers on where to get it and how to best seal the hole are also greatly appreciated. thanks for the help fixing my brain fart.

oh yeah also if anyone nows where or if i can get gelcoat repair putty or similar to fix a couple of chips on the new to me boat. its a 2005 2320.

thanks i ordered the th marine stuff this morning. do you have a good way to seal the wood in the transom after i drill the hole and before i put the boot in? i was thinking like a penetrating epoxy or something?

johnnyt707":24dktgss said:
do you have a good way to seal the wood in the transom after i drill the hole and before i put the boot in? i was thinking like a penetrating epoxy or something?

Yes, West System (or equiv) epoxy 'painted' on the exposed wood to seal it.

Check in the projects section for a couple of my project posts for photos and examples.
Rod holders, rocket launcher, and anchor light installs. All of them used epoxy as a sealant.

Yea what Kevin said i used the 5 min epoxy when i did my rod holders always want to seal the exposed wood.

Attachments

• rodholder5.JPG
    rodholder5.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 685
Bryan 2530":ihsi4w4p said:
:shock:

Be sure to tape off the deck though. :roll:

correct learned that the hard way,
Hey you where there that day where was the heads up! :evil:

Yes Johnny... The epoxy is thin, just the way you want it to soak into the wood.
However... thin means drips. Guard against that. The epoxy never goes away. :wink:

miky 2884

i posted a couple of pics up i will post some more after my upgrades. adding kicker, removing tower,and a few little things downriggers and the like

im still trying to find a chip repair putty for my parker i tried calling the california dealer and he can get me liquid gelcoat but im wondering if there is a marine tex like epoxy putty that matches so i can fill a couple of chips inthe gelcoat?

How deep are the clips?? I use the regulare gelcoat for chip repair, you may have to do it twice or be creative with tape but it works.

Anything deeper, you're into a repair rather than just a fill.

Use formula 27 first, then gelcoat.

Back