Whats the best way to do this?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micheal J

Reaction score
Ok guys.I just ordered a kicker motor for my 2120.

What is the best way to set up the steering so I can steer from from the main motor from the pilothouse and attach the kicker to the main motor...I'm thinking some kind of steering link.
The kicker will be mouted on a bracket that can tilt up and down so when I'm under way it's gonna be up.When I'm trolling it will down.
I'm looking for somethin that will work if the kicker is up ,or down so I wont be changing out any linkage while I'm on the water.
Any ideas?
I know some of you probably have this set up.
Any help would be great.Thanks.
MJ.

I have a For Sale New Gerelick 71044 EEZ-IN Outboard Motor Bracket..

It is listed in the For Sale Section. It will work on a 2 or 4 stroke eng.

Brand new still in the box. Will fold up when not in use and down for trolling......

I don’t have a kicker, but why not lock the kicker in perfectly straight and use the main motor as a rudder. That’s been my plain until I can think of a simpler way to set it up. But then again, I guess you still have to run a throttle cable? O well, best of luck.

mildew2":1w0blda7 said:
I have a For Sale New Gerelick 71044 EEZ-IN Outboard Motor Bracket..

It is listed in the For Sale Section. It will work on a 2 or 4 stroke eng.

Brand new still in the box. Will fold up when not in use and down for trolling......
I saw that...and if I already didnt have one I'd get yours..sorry :cry:

Some one will pick it up from you,cause thats a great deal.
MJ.

lorikay2":1g57mynx said:
I don’t have a kicker, but why not lock the kicker in perfectly straight and use the main motor as a rudder. That’s been my plain until I can think of a simpler way to set it up. But then again, I guess you still have to run a throttle cable? O well, best of luck.

I'm on my 5th boat....finally got it right.And my second kicker. The first kicker boat just would not steer as quickly as I'd like it too,but if I got in the back and was steering the kicker,it would work just fine.

Thats why I want to hook up a Steer Ezy or something similar....and cheaper than the Steer Ezy.
There are some things out there that look promising,but I did rig up a Starboard type of splash gaurd on my transom that now looks like it might get in the way of the steering linkage from the seastar cylinder to the new kicker...I'll have to wait till the kicker gets here,and break out the tape measure :lol:

So if you ever do get a kicker I'm pretty safe to say you wont like the way your boat steers just steering it from your main.
MJ.

Back