Where are your fuel bulbs, batt's and fuel/water separators?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksdad

Reaction score
Wondering if all Parkers are set up the same. Thread re: 1801 on THT has some interesting comments on it about location of these items.

Not an 1801, but here is where my stuff lives.
Never an issue with anything.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Great pics MB, thanks!

Mine is a 23SE and is set up with filter in bilge and bulb in starboard battery box (along with oil res.). The point made in the 1801 thread is that it seems dangerous to have fuel fittings in an enclosed space with electrical connections.

Honestly never occured to me to be concerned about that. Kinda wondering if i shouldn't move the fuel/water sep. out of the bilge so i can see it.

Look under the hood of your car. Fuel and electrical co-existing.
Same in a boat. Properly maintained, there are no issues.

Don't believe everything you read on THT.

all metal fuel filters are USCG approved for mounting anywhere. Racors with the clear plastic filter bowl are not. they will not stand up to any kind of heat/fire caused by an ignition source. draining of the plastic bowl also releases gas fumes throughout the Bilge. if you have a blower, then the fumes is not an issue but the fire hazard remains due to the plastic bowl.

that being said, USCG approved or not, the argument can be made that the clear bowl and ease of draining water form the fuel system can outweigh the fire hazard risk. it is a matter of assessing and managing risks.

any time you leave the dock........there are risks. :mrgreen:

I had the racor filter with the clear bowl on my last boat, and one day i went down to the boat and smelt a STRONG scent of fuel, looked in the back hatch where the filter is located to see a steady drip of fuel emptying into the bilge from the bottom of the filter, the ethanol had ate the rubber gasket around the drain in the bowl, the filter was less then 8 months old. Although i love to be able to see if there is shit in the gas water dirt etc, after that day those filters scare me.

My 2520 came from the factory with the fuel bulb in the splash well along the transom, been that way for 12 years, though next year I plan on putting it in the bilge so I can more easily install a rigging tube to clean things up a bit. Batt's are one each in each rear jump seat (though I've seen them come from the factory with both batts in the bilge). Not sure why it differs from boat to boat. F/W separator is also in the bilge.

Back