Where to get an AL prop for a Suzuki DF200?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky

Reaction score
Well, I think I'm one of only a few commercial folks here, and most likely the only one who uses their boats for research purposes, so this is probably a stretch, but...
We've got a 26' Aluminum Landing Craft research boat. Its a great boat, perfect for the bottom sampling that we do. We've got a Suzuki DF200 on it, but that only comes with a Stainless Steel prop. This is a wonderful thing if you are cruising about, fishing and whatnot. We're not exactly doing that, instead we're usually in 4' or less of water, usually in harbors, lakes, or rivers, usually putting the bow up on shore for personnel and equipment loading, etc. Basically, come up with a list of the places you never want to put a boat, and make us go there 300 days a year.

We went through a few AL props on our old 140hp, and luckily, we haven't nailed anything with the SS prop on the 200hp.

SO... does anyone have a source for an aluminum prop that will fit our DF200? We've tried to find one, but have been unsuccessful. Suzuki doesn't make one, and the quicksilver prop our local dealer sold us doesn't fit at all. We've heard that you can machine the flange adapter from the quicksilver to fit, but I can't find any info about it.

Any thoughts? And, while you are thinking about it, we'd like to find an AL prop for our Parker's F225 as well. It'll be a survey boat as well, and its not a matter of if, but when we nail an old piling or rock.

Mercury/Quicksilver props dont have hubs in them. You buy them separately. Buy the correct size AL prop and then buy the Suzuki hub. West Marine sells them and the hubs. It is a great system.

captbone":20te9rc0 said:
Mercury/Quicksilver props dont have hubs in them. You buy them separately. Buy the correct size AL prop and then buy the Suzuki hub. West Marine sells them and the hubs. It is a great system.

It IS a great system, if it works. We bought the flange adapter (for the hub), and it fits our suzuki output shaft just fine, but its not deep enough to hold the quicksilver hub.

Additionally, they don't make a proper-sized AL prop. Ours is a 16x21.5 RH, and QS only makes a 15". They also don't come nearly aggessive enough (the pitch on their 15" is only a 15, 17, or 16 pitch. We'd need at least 21.5, if not more to make up for the smaller prop diameter.

The other problem is that all the props that they say fit up to 225hp only work with the DT series, not the newer DF's.

I have never checked to see if they have them for Suzuki, but I know they have them for Yamaha and Honda.

Solas Propellers. I believe they are the OEM supplier for Honda and they make both SS and AL props.

Image-D7B94F4E807911D9.jpg

Back