Window cleaning concoction?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkA

Reaction score
Anyone got a secret concoction that will get that film off your windows? I tried my 1/2 vinegar 1/2 ammonia and scrape with a razor. It did OK but not as good as the house windows.

Whink Rust Stain remover. You can probably pick it up in your supermarket but here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Whink-1081-Rust-S ... B000LNQNM0

Wet the entire area then put a little on a small sponge and start rubbing it on the window. You will notice it taking off the spots after working it in for a minute two. Do one or two windows at a time then rinse off. Do not let it dry or sit on the metal parts. Follow up with Rain X and you are good to go.

You can use "00" (very fine) steel wool on glass with glass cleaner. I used to do new car prep and the windows were coated with some kind of silicone. that's what we used, then wipe with towels. it won't scratch the glass.

Thanks guys. I think I'll give the 00 steel wool a go first. I know the ammonia/vinegar solution cut what was there better than straight windex. Using the razor trick got it probably 90% and I think with the steel wool it will finish it off. I'll do the old 'try this in an inconspicuous place first' routine. And I do put rainx on as the last step once they are clean. It definitely helps it shed the water but doesn't keep the film off.

TimC2520":3nhwbcuu said:
Be careful with steel wool on a boat. Those little fine steel particles get all over (and then rust).
Amen to this advice ^^^^ use bronze if anything

If you are referring to glass windows, you can have the window buffed out with a light duty rubbing compound. A boat detailer can help you with this.

Back