• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Perko Pilot house door lock/key/know assembly

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In2Deep

Reaction score
Id like to be able to lock my pilot house door since I routinely leave poles ,electronics onboard. My assembly is all pitted and crusty.
thanks

Take it apart, clean,lube, reassemble and cross your fingers. These Perko locks are crappy! We have them on our trawler and go through them with disappointing regularity. You can find small springs at Ace or True Value but there is a small molded part made from unobtanium (plastic). My wife wrote Perko a grumpy letter but they wouldn't send her the offending part so we had to replace the whole lock set.

If the lock on my Parker goes Tango Uniform I plan to strip the guts out and use just the door knob. I'll add a SS hasp and a nice brass combination lock.

rwp48":2blk0vbd said:
Take it apart, clean,lube, reassemble and cross your fingers. These Perko locks are crappy! We have them on our trawler and go through them with disappointing regularity. You can find small springs at Ace or True Value but there is a small molded part made from unobtanium (plastic). My wife wrote Perko a grumpy letter but they wouldn't send her the offending part so we had to replace the whole lock set.

If the lock on my Parker goes Tango Uniform I plan to strip the guts out and use just the door knob. I'll add a SS hasp and a nice brass combination lock.

I'll try this this weekend,but I gotta remember to get a small Allen driver to remove the doorknob, so I can get the assembly out. Mabey a locksmith can make a new key or Mabey I can replace the lock cylinder with a new one?

Thanks for the replies.

I have been able to have duplicate keys cut at Ace Hardware.
The blank #, for my boat at least, is CG16.
Let us know how you do with the locksmith.

rwp48":3m35yqs1 said:
I have been able to have duplicate keys cut at Ace Hardware.
The blank #, for my boat at least, is CG16.
Let us know how you do with the locksmith.

Cant have a duplicate made without a key to copy. That said I jud open it up and clean it,got it working acceptably,but not happy with all the ugly corrosion on the chrome. I ended up ordering one on ebay. Itll be delivered tomorrow,hopefully its the correct one. Picked it up for $60shipped.
thanks

Back