yamaha 250 smokes???!!!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyt707

Reaction score
my 2005 yamaha 4 stroke 250 yesterday smoked a puff of smoke about the size of a volkswagon when i started it up but quickly cleaned up and ran fine at all speeds. perhaps valve seals? help me im starting to panic.

i forgot to mention there was a trace of oily sticky sludge on the inside of the prop where the exhaust comes out. i was thinking maybe rings but it only smoked at start up?

no higher than usual i trailer my boat to the ramp so it gets tilted up. the oil level on the dipstick when the motor is sitting level is about 3/4" from the top of the hash marks. will tilting the motor up cause the smoking? i did change the oil a short time ago less than 2 running hours on the oil change.

I am not a mechanic but if if repeats again and goes away after worming, I would check compression in all cylinders. If your pressure is low/ different you might have oil rings problem/scored cylinder walls.
Mike

Back