Yamaha 250's or 300's on 2820xld?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokybo

Reaction score
Do the 300's give that much better performance? I have looked at both on yamaha's performance test charts. The only boat I found close to a parker for comparison where they were both mounted on identical hulls with identical weights was a steiger 28dv. The speed difference was only 3 or 4 mph higher with the 300's. Some of the rpm speeds had lower fuel burn at the same speeds with the 250's. The 250's run on 87 octane where the 300's need 89. I can get a better deal on a 2820xld with the 250's. Hoping to get some knowledge to see if it's worth paying up for the 300's. Any info would be appreciated.

Go 300’s! My friend has 28 DV with 300’s is a beast. I like max horsepower when pushing heavy loads also.

Sure, get the 300's. Why wouldn't you? I had a pair of 225's on my 2830 and she hit nearly 50mph. The fuel economy was poor. Hopefully, the 300's will push that hull with less effort increasing your fuel economy.

Hopefully, the 300's will push that hull with less effort increasing your fuel economy.

It will.....and you will not be running the Stem Winding Crap out of them.

Go with the 300's as that is a heavy boat and you will be happy with whatever extra HP you can get. The 300 is a pretty solid engine, just have to watch lower unit fluid as they seem to have some kind of issue with shift shaft, prop shaft seals. I have close to 2,000 hrs on mine

Back