Yamaha F250 zincs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TL

Reaction score
I’ve had my Yam F250 for two seasons now. This year will be my third. I haven’t replaced any zincs on it yet. The few I could find last year looked pretty good. I just brushed them off and made them bright again. I was recently quoted $170.00+ for all the zincs and gaskets on the whole engine. The only time the engine is in the water is when I’m using the boat. When I’m docked its always raised up. The boat is kept in a wet slip.

Do you guys find it necessary to replace all of them? Does anyone know if the zincs are hard to get to? How often have you replaced them?

Thanks!

$170 sounds waay hi. If they are, for the most part, intact; let it ride- but keep a close eye on them. They deteriorate faster as they get older. WM has these for 1/4 of what you were quoted and they are a snap to replace yourself. :lol:

I just bought zincs from boat zincs.com. They were at my houst the next day and cost about 35 for the trim tabs and motor. Try the site it is great.

Not sure what the $170 covered, but 4 anodes and 4 grommets on a F225 costs $40. I just ordered from this site www.boats.net

Dont know if you saw my other post but my grommets were all torn up and needed replacing bad.

Dom

Back