Yamaha F250

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpwoodle

Reaction score
I need to know if when you flush the motor with the garden hose attachment if the water is suppose to come out the pee hole or not? To me it seems like it should come out all the holes but mine doesn't. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Paul,

Yes water should come out of pee hole when flushing thru garden hose attachment, don't run motor on side attachment, try tilting the motor up a bit anmd it should pee

Robert

Also clean out the hole with a paper clip or small needle (be very careful not to break it off in there) a lot of time salt builds up in there and there is not enough pressure to blow it out. The four strokes have weak streams to begin with.

when I want to run my 250 on trailer, instead of using muff, I went out and bought a 70 gallon stock tank made by rubbermaid, works great and pees like a horse, just keep the hose in tank to keep cool water in tank

Robert

Thanks guys. When I do run it on the trailer I use a big tub also. When I get back from a trip and I am washing the boat. I always flush the motor with the garden hose attachment. I have never seen it come out of the pee hole. Maybe it has to do with the pressure of the water or something.

Paul,

I also use a Home Depot hose which is 3/4" thick and not the 5/8", that gives me more water, this may help, tilt motor slightly up.

Robert

lpwoodle":3j39wvez said:
When I get back from a trip and I am washing the boat. I always flush the motor with the garden hose attachment. I have never seen it come out of the pee hole. Maybe it has to do with the pressure of the water or something.

You may have low flow or pressure on that hose.
My OX66 always pees on the hose, but I use a 5/8" water hose and the marina has excellent water pressure.

When in the water and running, what does the pee stream look like?

When in the water the stream is very slow. I have asked about it and the mech. said that the pumps in the new four strokes are "high volume low flow pumps". Whatever that means. I took the boat out the other day and I was sitting there idling. I had regular flow out. Overheating alarm starts going off. The funny thing is the gauges were all normal. In fact the temp. was down near the low level. I turned the motor and gave it some gas and spun around. Alarm went off and never came back on the rest of the day. Never done that before!! Of course now I am worried about it. I have read a lot on the internet and it sounds like some of the 250's have flow during flushing and others do not and sometimes the same motor that has no flow one time will have flow the next time. Weird!!!

miky2884":1cidhu7p said:
Also clean out the hole with a paper clip or small needle (be very careful not to break it off in there) a lot of time salt builds up in there and there is not enough pressure to blow it out. The four strokes have weak streams to begin with.

A piece of 100lb Momofiliment works well.

My OX66 peeing on the marina hose.

Attachments

• OX66.jpg
    OX66.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 356
  • OX66-2.jpg
    OX66-2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 356
Update on the motor. I changed out the thermostats. Pulled one out and one was stuck open. Put brand new ones in. Ran the boat and all is well. Even cured the pee problem during the flushing of the motor.

nothing like a good stream :lol: glad all corrected for you.

Back