yamaha fuel guage help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor

Reaction score
To start off with i have a 2000 2801 w/twin 225 ox66
round guages - fuel management,two tachs,and one fuel-speed guage.
When I bought the boat the fuel-speed guage LEDs on the fuel bars were not working so I got a new guage and installed it the same wiring and same din switches in the same locations. Turned the key on and same as old guage just one blinking low fuel bar. speed and trip works fine. I dont undertsand the fuel management guage also. I dont like not knowing how much fuel is in the tanks! twin 150 gal tanks. can I get a little help from somebody please? A happy new year to all at classic parker from RAPTOR !!!

If the guage isnt working it could be the sending unit which tend to be pieces of junk no matter what. Not that expensive or difficult to switch them out. As far as not knowing how much fuel is in the tank the Yamaha guage isnt that good for this feature. It only allows you to enter that the tanks are full and then deducts from there. I usually only put 30 gallons in at a time and the Garmin GPS allows you to enter different amounts of fuel. I have mine hooked into the Yamaha fuel management throught NMEA 2000 but you can also get a fuel flow sensor for the GPS by itself.

I also do not have much confidence in the Yamaha fuel tank gauge, however i use the fuel management system and find it very accurate. the last time i filled up fuel the management system showed that i had used 127 gallons and when i filled it up, it took 128 gallons.

Back