yamaha outboard speedometer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayyitztoto

Reaction score
I searched for a fix so that the speed will show up on the speedometer gauge. At the moment it is only showing a line through it. I found a fix on youtube by cleaning the small hole in the lower unit, but it's still not fixed. I was wondering if anyone else may have any other suggestions to fix this issue?

Hose plugged? Need compressed air to blow thru it. Disconnected on both ends.

Personally that gauge is a waste of space and would not have one.... GPS for speed.

Agree, GPS is the way to go, next to that a paddle-wheel x-ducer. Pitot tubes more often than not, don't work, at least in the brine...

warthog5":lfx522bf said:
Hose plugged? Need compressed air to blow thru it. Disconnected on both ends.

Personally that gauge is a waste of space and would not have one.... GPS for speed.
TWOBOATER":lfx522bf said:
Agree, GPS is the way to go, next to that a paddle-wheel x-ducer. Pitot tubes more often than not, don't work, at least in the brine...

I'll try that. I do currently have a paddle-wheel transducer so I guess I'll rely on that.

Another issue I have is with the trim indicator, but I heard they have a metal replacement for the original plastic piece.

Yamaha speedo is an important tool
to judge bait speed thru water !

I wouldn't be without it.

Back