YFTs on the 21SE, finally!!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonesome Drift

Reaction score
With the picture perfect forecast on Thursday we just had to take a shot at the YFT bite that has been going on inshore of the Hudson for the last month or so. Shoved off from the state police boat ramp in Point Pleasant at 6am and ran 66 nm ESE to the bite, the run out took 2.5 hours. Went on the troll first and got covered up in albies a few times right after setting the spread and then found the fish we were looking for. First YFT ever on the 21SE!!! The fish ate a homemade spreader bar. We managed to pick up one more YFT on the troll before switching over to the chunk around 1pm where we found a rip that was about a mile long and had fish busting on the surface. Took a while to get the fish to the boat but when we did it was game on and we had steady hook ups on light gear until 5:30pm when we had to start the 2.5 hour run back. We kept 4 fish and released the rest, two w/ NOAA tags in them. We got back to the state ramp at around 8pm.

We had perfect weather, flat seas, lots of laughs, and bent rods all day, it doesn't get any better than that!!

Attachments

• IMG_1106_reduced2.jpg
    IMG_1106_reduced2.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_1108_reduced2.jpg
    IMG_1108_reduced2.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 348
We burned 60 gallons of fuel on the trip which was about 135 miles round trip plus four or five hours of trolling. That's actually a few gallons more than in previous trips but we stayed later than usual and were racing against the setting sun on the trip home so we were running at 5000 RPMs. Typically i like to run at 4400 to 4500 RPMs and get around 3 nmpg.

-Mike

Great to hear! Sounds like a fun trip. I am hoping to make some runs over to Culebra and Vieques, then with some good weather, on over to the USVI, maybe make a trip of it and clear into the BVI.

Good luck and be safe.

I go down to Rincon, PR every winter and always wanted to do some fishing while i was down there, havent had the opportunity yet but i hear its very good.

Mike

Back