Can’t buy a new Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree and add that you need to find a one owner boat who was a fanatic about maintenance up keep and spared no expense.
But there are some that absolutely need to have a brand new boat no matter what.
We've been on both sides of that fence... In the 1970's we bought 3 boats, all 'used', well-equipped for that era, about a year old, but in like-new condition... The next two boats were (in the 1980's) brand new from new-boat dealers; we had to do all the commissioning, electronics-equipping, and go through all the new-boat 'issues' and repairs on our own, as the dealers were too far away from home to make it worth the trip for warranty work.... The boat we have now (the Parker 25) was a 'used' boat, but only a couple years old, super-well equipped, and super-well maintained by the original owner (thank you Jerry! in case you still follow CP); we had tried to buy a new Parker, but I've already explained the bad experience with the 'local' Parker dealer.... There will likely be a 'next' boat (as there has ALWAYS been a 'next' boat! ☺).
We had the the previous boat for 28 years, and during that time we also had 10-12 smaller 'additional' boats.... it is a disease, and there is no vaccine.

I agree and add that you need to find a one owner boat who was a fanatic about maintenance up keep and spared no expense.
But there are some that absolutely need to have a brand new boat no matter what.
I have a 2002 2510 that I'm getting ready to sell. One owner, and I'm a bit on the OCD side about keeping it covered when I'm not on it, and keeping it clean and maintained. When I'm ready I'll post it for sale here on CP first.

Sounds like the boat buying process was affected by covid along with everything else. You have to live by a dealership to buy a boat there?! If this doesn’t scream red tape bureaucracy what does? Too much regulation. Ugh.

NJ Outboards are FOS. They are like used car salesmen. They also have some of the worst riggers working for them. I know people that have bought from them and anyone who had anything installed by them had several issues, then good luck trying to get them to fix or correct it. I would never buy a boat from them, PS I have Parker boats for over 15 years. As the original post, call Parker and explain the situation and maybe they will allow you to buy from the other dealer, be aware though customer service from Parker itself is not one of their strong points.
I believe they got a new service manager at the beginning of the 2021 season; talking with him a couple of times I could see how their service department could be an issue, but our experience was fine.

Our salesman, the whole purchasing process was, basically, perfect. They were as responsive as they needed to be. No BS with pricing, no surprises, and near perfect installation of all the dealer-installed options, and a few extras such as bottom paint. No issues with delivery.

I have not used them for service, I also try to do as much as I can myself including all PM; I would probably try to avoid their service department based on my initial interactions.

BTW - I have had several electronic add-ons done by Octopus Yachts and couldn;t be happier; these guys are amazing. Not cheap, though, lol.

--

I believe they got a new service manager at the beginning of the 2021 season; talking with him a couple of times I could see how their service department could be an issue, but our experience was fine.

Our salesman, the whole purchasing process was, basically, perfect. They were as responsive as they needed to be. No BS with pricing, no surprises, and near perfect installation of all the dealer-installed options, and a few extras such as bottom paint. No issues with delivery.

I have not used them for service, I also try to do as much as I can myself including all PM; I would probably try to avoid their service department based on my initial interactions.

BTW - I have had several electronic add-ons done by Octopus Yachts and couldn;t be happier; these guys are amazing. Not cheap, though, lol.

--
I am happy you got lucky with them, but for a couple of friends they weren't so happy

Back