Can anyone report on the Garmin GMR18 HD?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOtherLine

Reaction score
Like it or not? Compared to what? Let's hear it. That may be my next add on and I would like to hear what you have to say.

I'm pretty sure that Jim Maier has the GMR 18 on his demo BlackLab 23 Supertop. Not sure what the difference is between that one and the HD (high definition) though. Why don't you give Jim a call and ask him?

Toll free... 866-735-5926

I have the 18hd and like it, easy to use and picks up targets well with no screen clutter. I have nothing to compare it to though this is my first radar. On the Hull truth there are some posts and the few replies agreed with what I have seen.

:D
Recently had Jim from BOE marine install a Garmin 18 HD on my boat as well as a close friend"s. I hold a 100 ton USCG Masters license an have run many boats with all types of Radar. Garmin 18 with it's 5 degree horzontial beam width not in the same league as the high end open area Furnunos. For the price however, it's a bargin!! Have not tested it in high seas but to date resolution (GPS3010) etc have been good. You will need to suplement the manual to take advantage and understand the many features buried in the menu. Overall happy with the unit for inshore use( Chesapeake Bay)

Back