Crabbing off of a 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollthatcoal

Reaction score
With crabbing and fishing season coming up I've got the itch already. I know my 2120 has been an awesome fishing platform for me, but does anyone crab off of one? Living near the Chesapeake crabbing is a big thing and the rivers are a great source for blue crabs. I've always crabbed off a much smaller skiff but never my pilot house. I mainly run a 1200 ft trotline. Just curious if anyone has any experience crabbing with a bigger boat and running a trotline, or should I saddle up and buy another skiff to run the river with? Thank you.

the commercial guys have big boats and run a trotline I had a 2320 and crabbed from it with the hand traps but had an outside control to run boat I think u could make something up because u crabbed before your are going to be in any where from 5ft to 10ft of water and your boat will run in that depth of water never tried a trotline because didn't know how to make or run one not the easy thing to run I tried with my wife and it didn't work out very good Tom/parker23.5

Back