F115 Differences

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersey Jim

Reaction score
I have a 2002 F115 TXRA and was trying to look up performance bulletins on this motor with an 1801 CC. Yamaha only had two tests done on this boat with a 115 hp. However, all conditions seemed identical yet the mpg dropped from 5.82 with a F115 TXRZ in a 2001 test, to 4.82 mpg with a F115 TLR in a 2006 test. My question is, what is the difference between a TXRZ and a TLR? Also, what is the difference between my TXRA and the TXRZ in the test? All props, gear ratios, weights, etc. were the same yet I don't understand the 17% reduction in fuel economy.

Thanks,

Jim

The Yamaha model designators tell you a few things: the TXRZ is a 25" shaft, 2001 model year motor. The TLR is a 20" shaft, and most likely a 2006 model, as Yamaha abandoned the model year designator digit (the final letter inthe model number) after 2005.

Everything about those two tests doesn't add up to a large difference in fuel burn, however...if anything, the 25" motor seems very effecient...can't see any reason that the newer, 20" motor should burn almost 5 GPH more than the 01 model at WOT....very strange numbers.

Tim, thanks for clarifying the Shaft and year designator in the model number. I wasn't clear when I explained it, but the 2006 TLR got 4.86 mpg and the 2001 TXRZ got 5.83 mpg. The TXRZ got 1 mpg more, or about 17% better.
I was hoping to determine by this posting, which of the two tests came closer to matching the performance of my 2002 F115 TXRA.

Jim

Model for model, (both 25") and being only 1 year apart, I would think that the TXRZ numbers should be closest to your 1 year newer motor.

But again, those to sets of figures don't fully make clear sense to me. I still can't see the newer, 06 20" motor burning so much more fuel than its 6 year old counterpart.

Back