Out Rigger Install?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Keith

Reaction score
I would like to add outriggers to my 23' DV Center Console. I would like to go with the "Sport Slam" Top Guns mounted to my T-Top. However, I have the factory T-Top and I'm not sure if they will support the weight of the poles while running in a ruff sea ( I run up to 60 miles in one direction and sometimes it's a long pounding ride). The factory t-top as you know uses stainless tubing of a smaller diameter for the frame versus an aluminum tubing that generally is a larger diameter and a little more sturdy. Also most brand of t-top outriggers use the actaul aluminum frame as the outrigger base support. If I use the "Sport Slam's" most of the support for the base and outriggers will be supported by the fiberglass top and not much support from the stainless frame.Is there anyone out there with the same that has installed any outriggers on their factory T-Top? I can always go with a gunwale mounted unit but I'd prefer to mount them to the t-top.
Thanks-

Capt -

I had similar concerns about my factory t-top with my 23SE. I brought my boat to two marine fabricators to have some plates welded in to support my outriggers. Both shops told me my t-top was sturdy enough to support my Top Guns. I installed them last year and so far no problems at all. I run two spreader bars off each. Usually the 4 foot bars I run inside and the smaller bars on the outsides. See.

Attachments

• DSC00184.JPG
    DSC00184.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 624
  • DSC00186.JPG
    DSC00186.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 624
Both of you have tops made by Custom Marine Fabrication in NewBern. You could call direct if any questions arise.

The're known for their strength. I have stood on top of my T-Top so I could prune tree limbs.

Capt Keith, will you be fishing the US Open in a couple of weeks?
Do you know the "Miss LA" (38' Fountain out of Wilmington)?

Uncle Matt,
Thanks for the info and great pictures. When you say you had some "plates welded" did they weld anything to the existing metal frame (looks like yours is alum) or did they just weld up some backing plates and bolt them into the fiberglass top only? How do the outrigger poles do while running, do they force the top as a whole to move?

fishfactory.
I am not planning on fishing the US Open, I mainly use my boat for spearfishing but am in the process of rigging her for some offshore bluewater fishing this fall/winter.
I have seen the Miss La on the water around here. Nice go-fast boat. Not in my budget range though! I just sold a 29' Twin Vee that I owned briefly. While mot as fast as a fountain, the ride was incredible! And I've fished alot of boats from Fountains to Cabo's to Parkers. I wish the Twin Vee was built to Parker standards, I might still own it if it was :lol:

I went to the shops looking to have some aluminum plates made up and welded to my existing t-top. Both shops told me my roof was sturdy enough to support the outriggers without having them weld in plates. So what you see in the pictures is how my Rupp Top Guns come. They already have large bases and plates on the underside which essentially do the same thing. So far I have noticed absolutely no problems. And I check them often.

Uncle Matt,
Thanks for the info. I am going shopping now armed with your info. I like those Z30 rupps you have. Also looking at Taco's. Again tanks for the info and pic's.

Back