PARKER CCDV MAKES CENTERFOLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outta Here

Reaction score
dateline:"Saltwater Sportsman" August issue
page 60 & 61

"Turn your ishore center console into a canyon runner supreme"

A 25 DVCC Parker complete with foreward seating deleted (coffin box added), twin F-225 Yamahas, and a Custom Marine T-Top & fiberglass HT is featured under a special section about "Canyon Fishing" subtitle Bluewater Special, Small Boat Conversion Kit.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

In the words of Al Bundy..."Let's fish"

I saw that too! That thing is wicked tricked out!!! :shock:

I thought the part about making it to the canyons in under 2 hours was humorous though. There's very few times when you can run a 25'er 30+ kts offshore up here....

i left the tails at 325pm yesterday and was at shinnecock at 517.

71nm. 36knots.

2520xl.

cant do it often, but when you can its REALLY nice.

zebpwgc":2rwhcx6y said:
i left the tails at 325pm yesterday and was at shinnecock at 517.

71nm. 36knots.

2520xl.

cant do it often, but when you can its REALLY nice.

8) These kind of posts really upsets the sterndrive/inboard/diesel crowd. :D

Megabyte":11pynyvx said:
Brian, Can you scan that article and send it to me?

Scanner is sorta packed away right now. However, I'll be in your area tomorrow morning so I'll drop the mag. off at the house. :)

The only thing I that see that it needs is downriggers. Also, never leave home without a battery powered drimmel with a fresh cutoff wheel to remove fish hooks from various body parts. Went out 3 1/2 hour (100 mi) trip once, fished for 15 minutes, then fishing buddy put a grouper hook through his hand. Didn't have the drimmel then, do now.

jim

grouperjim":2hgkkg2k said:
Went out 3 1/2 hour (100 mi) trip once,
jim

In your 23DV? If so, maybe a name change to...

Christopher Columbus. :D

Actually 115 miles one way. Thats how far it is to the FL Middle Ground which is what I call the "Wild, Wild West" of fishing. You can literally fill your cooler in 2 hours and head back home the same day (be back by 6pm). Overnighting on the full moon is also a great snapper trip.

Parker has such a great range at 2.8 -3 mpg and 150 gal of gas. It is is made for just this type of long range fishing.

jim

grouperJim,
I live in Tampa and have wanted to try the the middle grounds, but would prefer the safety of a second boat. Anytime you would like to make the trip and don't mind someone shadowing you please let me know. I'd love to start catching some fish.

It's nice going out tandem. On along trip like that, it is cool to look over and see another Parker cruising along next to you.

The only hesitation is that I share numbers with, and sometimes go tandem with a buddy of mine (he also happens to have a 2320).

Sometimes though, I just go out looking for new spots, and often find them and limit out with no need to hit the SECRET honey holes. We could do something like that, or if you wanted to hit the SECRET spots, you could go out with me on my boat, to get a feel for the trip.

I have a window from 9-14 Aug that I can go. I'll keep an eye on the wx and let you know.

jim

I was under the impression that way out there you don't really need numbers. Besides, I'd like to figure out how to find the fish without having any one's numbers. At the same time that's a long and expensive run to not catch fish.
I may be able to make a trip later this week, but that will depend on my work schedule and budget. If you decide to go and you don't mind I'll do my best to join you.
Also curious about how fast you run, and how much fuel you usually have to spare. I put in at upper Tampa Bay (no tow vehicle) so I'll have an extra 60+- miles (round trip) to go.

Macfern:

I usually cruise as fast as conditions will allow (25-35 mph ). I burn anywhere from 85-110 gallons of fuel launching out of War Veterans near John's Pass. Seastate of course effects range/mpg. Also, not a trip for those who are prone to motion sickness.

IMO think the extra 60 miles would make the trip unfeasible with a 150 gal tank considering a safe amount in reserve. However, I am an extra conservative guy when it comes to safety.

You said you don't trailer your boat, however most guys I know from our area with limited range will tow up to Hudson and launch there.

As far as numbers go, you need numbers so as not to waste gas. You need a good transducer that paints the bottom while on plane so you are constantly looking for good bottom/structure. You'll find that the near MG (70 mi out) gets much more pressure due to boats with limited range. That is why I fish the far side which is also shallower.

I'll watch the wx. No matter how much you plan, Mother nature always reserves the right to say NO.

jim

Macfern":35o3g21s said:
I was under the impression that way out there you don't really need numbers. Besides, I'd like to figure out how to find the fish without having any one's numbers.

IMO, fish are like people in that they congregrate. I cannot think of one successful fisherman that does not live (and die) off his GPS and depthfinder. Like the "grouper" said, keep a look on your depthfinder, you never know what you'll run over on the way out (bait, structure, hard-bottom). Otherwise, you're fishing blind...what is it they say about a blind squirrel? :D

Jim,
I can do 25 to 30 without much trouble, 35 is wot for my boat. I agree with you that the extra 60 miles puts me out of range, especially at 30+ speeds. I'm usually in no hurry when I'm on the water and prefer to cruise at the most economical speed, but if I was tagging along with you I'd like to be able to keep up. Sounds like if the conditions are ideal that keeping up might be a problem. I could always meet you out there, and I could top off along the coast before heading out (I am also over cautious). Sea sickness is not an issue, lot's of seatime over the years and never been sick. Some of my buddies may have to deal with that, but they are more than willing to. As for no numbers, I didn't mean to say I'd be running blind. I meant picking an area on the chart, getting there, and then using the bottom reader to find the structure/fish once in the specific area. You mentioned putting in at Hudson - is that the closest point to the area you target? The reason I don't trailer is that I do not currently have a vehicle that can safely tow my boat, so I put in at a little community boat ramp that's about a mile from my house. I don't suppose you know anyone selling a good tow vehicle? Anyway, if I can make the time I'm still interested in going. If you get a chance give me a call @ 813 766-4466 or my email is [email protected].
Thanks, Chris

Chris:

Even if you had the gas, the extra 60 miles IMO puts it out of reach from a human endurance standpoint. You don't know how happy I am to see JP on the way back. There is no way I could go the extra 30 miles. Hudson, if you have the means to get there, is 15-20 miles closer to the MG than leaving from JP.

The best thing would be to just go with me on my boat to get a feel for a trip of that length. You are welcome to go.

Definitely going Thurs.

jim

Back