Permatrim on a 2501

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAY19

Reaction score
Anyone running permatrims on a 2501? Having a hard time keeping the bow down loaded up with a fishing crew. Running Yamaha 3.3l 225s and have 12Wx18L tabs. Permas seem like the cheapest option next to bigger tabs and 4 blade props. Already raised motors to highest hole and blew out in rough seas. Lowered one hole from the highest and so far so good on that.

how many crew are you talking about?

if you have 5-6 guys (?) - aka 1,000 lbs - all standing or sitting in the rear half of the boat i’m not sure there’s anything that’s going to get that bow down. may just need to redistribute the load ???

how many crew are you talking about?

if you have 5-6 guys (?) - aka 1,000 lbs - all standing or sitting in the rear half of the boat i’m not sure there’s anything that’s going to get that bow down. may just need to redistribute the load ???

Yeah 5 man crew and fish box full of ice, bait and fish.. bean bags cooler etc. I know it’s simply a ton of weight in the stern. I have a contender coffin box full of gear in the bow. We had guys sitting up front for a while but it got uncomfortable, I need just a little more help holding the bow in addition to the tabs and they would have been fine sitting up front. I’ve seen a bunch of ppl talk about Parker’s and permatrims, just figured I’d see if anyone had any luck or improvement with a similar setup. Future plan is Suzuki’s with 16” power tech stern lifting 4 blades. Had them on my old mako with great results. Just looking for a cheaper fix while I run these older yamis as I’m fairly confident my current tabs will be adequate with the Zuk setup and I’ll be buying props I know work on those motors.

Back