RayMarine "C" series software v4.25 update release

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcir

Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed software v4.25 for my RayMarine multifunction C70 and it seems to work fine and resolved some issues I had with my unit with the old software.

"Latest software for C-Series Multifunction Displays (C70, C80, C120) Version 4.25. Released March 23, 2007."

Web site to start with is:

http://raymarine.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/r ... _topview=1

Or go tp RayMarine's home and work through the pages.

I had to register my unit and give a serial number to get at the software.

They recommend a ScanDisk compact flash card (like my Navionics chart card) with small memory. I used a 2 GB card so I followed their instructions to change it from a FAT32 to a FAT16 format. Then I downloaded the software to my computer and unzipped it and put the two files on the compact flash card. I printed out the instructions for the install on my unit and took the instructions and the card to the boat and in a few minutes v4.25 was up and running.

I had problems with the old software turning the unit on without me knowing every time it sensed low voltage .............like sometimes starting an engine & sometimes switching batteries. Probem should be resolved with this software since it is really an upgrade to some of the "E" series software.

I have not tried the other improvements - range rings, Sirius, etc.

Pete

Any chance you call mail me that memory card for my C120 install. I'm not too computer savvy and failed miserably trying to download the software myself. :(

I'd mail it right back after the install.

Thanks,

John

John,

Be glad to loan you my card. I assume you can send me your mailing info via email & I'll get it headed your way.

The instructions for installing it (not complicated) are on the RayMarine web site too. Think I had the machine in OFF & removed my Navionics card & installed my ScanDisk. Turned it ON & told it to install the new software with one on the soft keys at the bottom of the screeen. When it was finished, I removed the ScanDisk and told it to REBOOT. After I restarted it, it seemed to come up and work fine.

I ran the boat for awhile today and the 4.25 software makes a big improvement on my C70. I tested the range rings on the chart page, the GPS speed now looks like it is right on the money, I can see the Sirius radio links, and it has even more improvements as it does look like some of the "E" series software has been used.

Pete

Back