SLow day opening day

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
I took the boy out for opening day for a few hours despite the HUGE crowds. we were back to the dock by 11am. I trolled up to 5 lines (just the two of us). We kept one fish and wet released another. had a few knock downs but over all slow. I fished the west side of the bay across from bloody point/poplar isl.

Here is the boy with his keep (he needed some help of course) We thought it was 31" but it measured in a hair over 33" at the docks!

Attachments

• fonzfish.JPG
    fonzfish.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 73
Thumbs up 8)

How you getem in the boat, don't think y'all use gaffs?

I have a big net. The boy refuesd to hold the fish so I Put a hook in its mouth for him to lift it. He has too much of his mother in him :lol:

You did better than me, congrats. I went out at 1 and fished to 7:30 with a ten rod spread and didn't have a knock down. First time ever that I have been skunked during trophy season. Plenty of marks and bait, but they would not bite and not many boats. Talk to a few folks on the radio and they all said it was very slow.

My brother fished early around BP and caught two, one was 47" and 43lbs!! and the other 39" (a throw back).

I will be back out Monday !

Anthony

Back