Transducer opinions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimC2520

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems my marina accidently broke the bracket on my ducer during haul out. So I have a decision to make. It connects to a Furuno FCV-600L. I'm not sure what model # the ducer is, as it's 11 years old and I no longer have the paperwork.
I can get a new bracket for $15 or go for a new ducer (P66) for $115+-.
If I upgrade, I'll have to fill in the old holes and drill new one's. I rarely fish in depths greater than 100'.
What would you do? :?:

What sonar unit are you running...if it's an older unit you may as well just buy the bracket for the working ducer and wait until you want to upgrade....or if you wanted better clarity upgrade the ducer but it will not likely do much if you do not have a unit that can display it

transom transducer units are fine. I have a tilted element on my boat and like it but sometimes I do miss having a paddle wheel for through the water trolling speeds. i would just replace the bracket since you are already wired for transom mount.

In my opinion, If you liked the performance of your ducer, just buy a new bracket. $15 bucks!!! Nothing on boats costs $15. Consider yourself lucky.

Otherwise, install a shoot thru ducer and you don't have to worry about the marina breaking it again. About the same price as the alternative you are considering. :D

My boat came with a transom mount ducer. Caught a crab tap line in the darkness of one of my trips.

I now have a shoot through AND and thru hull connecting to my F585. They work just fine.

Back