• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Who had the live wells for sale?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have them. Allegedly the 32-gallon one is sold, but I have yet to 'hear' from the buyer. Both are Kodiak baitwells, oblong shaped, cutting board cover, and all of the fancy features that Kodiak is famous for. The other is a 22-gallon model and both sell on line for $200 to $250.

I'd take 1/2-off retail, but shipping would be a killer ... as it would be if you bought it anywhere else for that matter ...

DaleH":1z0hnmrx said:
Yes I have them. Allegedly the 32-gallon one is sold, but I have yet to 'hear' from the buyer. Both are Kodiak baitwells, oblong shaped, cutting board cover, and all of the fancy features that Kodiak is famous for. The other is a 22-gallon model and both sell on line for $200 to $250.

I'd take 1/2-off retail, but shipping would be a killer ... as it would be if you bought it anywhere else for that matter ...

I went to their site and those wells are heavy.

I'm looking for something that would be lighter and easier to take on and off the boat. I'll keep looking.

ScoopsAhoy":2zb26bq9 said:
I'm looking for something that would be lighter and easier to take on and off the boat. I'll keep looking.

See: http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=773

baitwell_107.jpg

Scoops,
I made up a bait well for under $50, to attach to wash down. I will post pictures next weekend. If interested I can give you a parts list. Still debating putting in seperate pump.

PhilC":143d1l6b said:
Scoops,
I made up a bait well for under $50, to attach to wash down. I will post pictures next weekend. If interested I can give you a parts list. Still debating putting in seperate pump.

Yes, I'd like to see what you did.

I've been reading that you don't need to circulate new water into a well. The site from Keep Alive suggests an oval tank, blue interior to avoid spooking fish and an aerator. That's it. No adding water, No draining water. Just watch the temp.

It appears that Dale's tank has some fittings. I assume one is to feed water into it, which I can do from a baitwell pump I had installed. Not sure if the other fitting is to exhaust water.

ScoopsAhoy":2ky3dj0w said:
It appears that Dale's tank has some fittings. I assume one is to feed water into it, which I can do from a baitwell pump I had installed. Not sure if the other fitting is to exhaust water.
That is not my tank. Though similar, mine is better ;) ! Mine was made from a blue-colored poly barrel and I find it puts 'less stress' onto fragile baitfish like pogies. Even the striper sharpies up here paint the inside of their barrels, either blue, green, or a combo.

For water, I have a smooth-bore hose 3/4" inlet and a 1.5" outlet. It is fed from the thru-hull and when on plane I can shut the pump off, as there's enough water forced thru the pick-up scoop to circulate the water. Even then, I don't run it 100%, maybe half on, half off when fishing.

The inlet is mounted at the bottom of the tank and has a 90-degree fitting on the inside to circulate the water counter-clockwise, akin to the Coriolis Effect in the northern hemisphere. The outlet is ~6" from the top is is simply plumbed out to a fitting up high but under the washboards. The outlets are quick hook-up fittings and are plugged from the inside when not in use.

These are cut-down 55-gallon barrels and I bet I get a usable ~35-gallons out of them. Now remember, that's ~280 pounds of water! My 'old' tank is shown below ... which worked great :D, but so good, that someone 'stole' it :twisted: , grrrrrrrrrrr ...

Attachments

• Livewell1.jpg
    Livewell1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 731
very nice tanks. Seems simple enough to do...

Just curious as to where one could buy the fittings?

After seeing this thread it reminded me that I have a sturdy polyethylene rain barrel that looks very much like the live well tanks. My daughter attended a chorus camp last summer, and each camper signed a rain barrel. My wife happened to win it in a raffle. When we got it home, we realized it would not work as a rain barrel on our house. The barrel has been sitting on the side of the house next to the trash cans.

The exterior size is 35" tall and 23" in diameter. There is a valved opening near the bottom. The top has a large round hole plus two smaller holes with fittings. My calculations suggest a volume of 55-60 gallons. [pi x 11.5" x 11.5" x 35" x .0043 gal/cu in = 62.5 gal] Allowing for less interior than exterior volume gets me to the 55-60 gal estimate.

We are not using the tank. If anyone wants to pick it up at my house in Annapolis, you can have it for $50. The kids' signatures and artwork are a no-cost extra. If nobody takes it before Feb 9, I plan to sell it at my table at the Tri-State Marine flea market that day.

Attachments

• 2008-02-03 001.JPG
    2008-02-03 001.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 475
  • 2008-02-03 002.JPG
    2008-02-03 002.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 475
Back