Where Old Numbers Were Removed

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunky

Reaction score
Late last year I purchased a preowned Parker 2520. The numbers were on the side of the pilothouse but I have now put new numbers and license stickers on the hull. After removing the old numbers I can see where the numbers had been on the pilothouse. What can I do to get rid of the images? Will compounding and polishing work?

You could wet sand first wit 800 or 1000, then compound and polish and you should be good as new.

Yea if you compound it it should come out for sure!!! I had 4x4 factory sticker on my Ford F-150 i took them off and just like your boat you seen it still,, I did as byran said and wet sanded the area then compounded it then polished it came out like new!!!

Wet sanding and elbow grease. You didn't say how old the boat is, but as you can imagine the older the boat the more work you have cut out for you.

My previous boat a 1993 Robalo, had huge aprox. 10-inch X 3-feet lettering that I removed in 2005. Big mistake, the gel coat underneath was pearlly white compared to the rest of the hull. I would not have taken the lettering off if I knew how much work it was going to be.

Good news, over time it becomes less obvious.

Good Luck!

Back