Would I need a radar pedestal?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there an elegant way to snake the wires on the roof to the helm? The newer models appears to have a hump which makes it possible to snake wires. the 05 only have the conduits at the corners so when I penatrate through the roof, it seems the only way is to clip the wires exposed on the roof and down the pillars.
I recently installed a garmin 18HD radar unit on a sea view radar mount and 5 degree wedge. I have an 04 2320 with the conduit. I can take pics if you’d like to see them. I pulled all my wires through the conduit so nothing is exposed at all.

I recently installed a garmin 18HD radar unit on a sea view radar mount and 5 degree wedge. I have an 04 2320 with the conduit. I can take pics if you’d like to see them. I pulled all my wires through the conduit so nothing is exposed at all.
That would be much appreciated. The way I'm visioning this can be done is to not penetrate in the middle but to the side where the conduits are then snake it down?

That would be much appreciated. The way I'm visioning this can be done is to not penetrate in the middle but to the side where the conduits are then snake it down?
My boat had an older radar on it so there was already a 1” or 1 1/4” hole drilled dead center on my roof. I had to cut one end off of the radar cable to make it more stream lined to fit through the conduit then crimp a new 8 pin cable connector on. Here is a picture of the garmin grommet I used to plug the hole in my ceiling and make it look clean where the wires come in. I then used a fish tape to get it through the conduit. I’ll grab some pics for you next time down to the boat, should be in a few days. If you leave me your number I can send video and pics to you. Might be easier.

Attachments

• B1FB427E-377C-45CC-8E1E-832863A49F82.png
    B1FB427E-377C-45CC-8E1E-832863A49F82.png
    962.4 KB · Views: 10
Figure do it once and do it right. For a couple hundred bucks and reduce the risk of having to seal more holes I think it's worth it. Ended up getting a strutscan aft facing 6" pedestal. Hope to have this installed in the next few days. thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Back