1994 Parker 2320 extended cabin open back project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shawnee83":3s1ixg7f said:
You will need to google search for a source or call BOE or iMarine? This is the kit at West Marine but you should be able to fine it cheaper. You need to verify what model you need that will connect to the Honda. Also, make sure that you get the high pressure hose as this is a 1500 psi system not 1000 psi.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/uflex--s ... gJ68PD_BwE
Warthog used uflex ram on his 2530. Do a site search for details

B2

e0c3a40c45b4932276a072243b5af0b9.jpg

This is my current helm setup. Having the wheel 4” away from the dash will be much better. I need to move gauges and some other things to accommodate future electronics plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mheltunen":1cm0goz0 said:

This is my current helm setup. Having the wheel 4” away from the dash will be much better. I need to move gauges and some other things to accommodate future electronics plans

I do think you can order the pump as a rear mounted pump. Unless you really wanted to bring the wheel out for space reasons? Just wanted to make sure you were aware of that option.

With the current helm layout I felt the wheel was too far forward for comfort. Initially when I ordered the steering kit I thought I ordered the rear mount pump but realized in my haste I did order the front mount. Considering my captain seat is mounted on a storage compartment I did not have much adjustment so I feel this will be better. If I decide otherwise it may be a costly experiment.

Maybe this will give you a few ideas.

Attachments

• Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg
    Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 154
mheltunen":29yyiph8 said:

Were you able to find the pump model? I’m needing a rear mount for the second station I’m adding. If it works good I may be interested. I need a 1.7.

Second station.

Attachments

• Image-0B02B4E859B911DC.jpg
    Image-0B02B4E859B911DC.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 138
Megabyte":qm84xqba said:
Maybe this will give you a few ideas.

Very sanitary looking helm. Lots of good ideas one here. As soon as I saw Megabyte subscribe to my thread I confess it put some pressure on me. Your build was impressive !

I just realized that you had asked about factory gel coat. Most Parker dealers should have it. One issue that I ran into was one dealer that I called would not ship it as they said it was a hazmat item. Maybe that was just them? Anyway, I have the majority of a qt remaining. I’m considering being able to send you some but also thinking about redoing my deck non skid this spring. Not sure which method/material I’ll use? How much do you need? Scratches & rings take very little product to fix.

Thanks for the compliment, tho I did have a few years to tweek everything. :)

One comment about my helm...

I wear glasses with progressive lenses.
Notice that nothing is mounted high or from the ceiling.
From the driving position, I can easily look out through the top of my lenses to see where I'm going.
If I need to scan my instruments, I simply drop my eyes and view them from the bottom of my lenses.

Depth/fish finder is tall. but off to the side from the driving position.
Knowing your depth in the Chesapeake is critical due to the shoals.

The handheld VHF is always on Ch 16.
The Icom below the binnacle was typically on CH 68 (the local Tidalfish channel).
Because most VHF microphones are both a mic and a speaker, when underway I would hook the mic on the edge of the stbd side window.
That would place the mic speaker closer to my ear while underway.

Not in the photo that I posted, but I added a handheld GPS to a mount left of the Furuno bottom machine as a backup GPS, but I routinely only used it as a data gathering device.
Hope some of these observations help in your planning.

Attachments

• IMG_4633.jpg
    IMG_4633.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 156
It's nice to have all the information in one place. Sense we are posting for ideas. Here's my helm. Also my second steer station with a flush mount pump.

128c73cfde2abe5b7b2d1f64419ff273.jpg
86acc669bedfc55b0ccac41a9c1fd623.jpg

shawnee83":2dozjmae said:
I just realized that you had asked about factory gel coat. Most Parker dealers should have it. One issue that I ran into was one dealer that I called would not ship it as they said it was a hazmat item. Maybe that was just them? Anyway, I have the majority of a qt remaining. I’m considering being able to send you some but also thinking about redoing my deck non skid this spring. Not sure which method/material I’ll use? How much do you need? Scratches & rings take very little product to fix.

To be honest I’m a bit ignorant on the amount of gelcoat needed. The chines on the hull have a fair about of scratches and light gouges totaling approximately 40” in length. The rear roof of the pilothouse needs to be opened up and some re glassing done and the outside pilothouse walls have some extensive spider cracking that I should address. But consider me interested if you do decide to part with it. I have her stored inside my shop at work(heated) so I’ve started ordering parts to get started. Thru hull fittings and West system epoxy kit on way.

I will take some more pics this evening regarding some areas that need attention . Thx guys ... all the info is very helpfull

My next odd discovery was some random what I assume are drain holes added by previous owners. I’m thinking the best thing to do is to fill and gel coat them. Here are some more pictures.
b8b26d806974136b71bf79bdddc799ea.jpg
bb197f61420b82b897b206cd46be332c.jpg
9227baac1a142a065ed59ac733227050.jpg

The first picture is the only hole I can see water in and it appears to be foam below it the others seem to “discharge” into the bilge

Brent":26qmo2cq said:
weep holes going to forward or cabin bilge and will drain to back blige

Are these a factory provided because they appear to be drilled and not sealed on the edges.

Back