A few too many Ponder beers yesterday

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Jim,,,as usual :D

Parker should give you some kind of grant for R & D for all the work you have done to make your boat more user friendly.

optimaxfish":1ai343lx said:
OK, did yer boat come w/a deck mounted footrest........or is it a "beer ponder" ? :D

OK i get it. you are talking about the pic of me with my feet up on the seat mounted to the cockpit deck.

The answer is "no" the boat did not come that way from Parker. I purchased a 12 inch base and screwed it into the deck (5200 on screw threads) and took the original helm seat and put it on the the 12 inch base. you can inspect the underside of the deck in that area with a mirror through the fwd fuel tank pie plate. the new helm seat in the PH is a seat ordered from Parker and is the seat that comes with the 25 PH.

on a short base, the screws into the deck are more than adequate to anchor the base to the deck. it is very solid even in the roughest conditions. when it is rough that is the seat to be in. i believe the 23 WA has two identical seats mounted in the same position on the cockpit deck.

FWIW the PH helm base is bolted into a metal plate that is glassed in under the deck. because of the height of the base, and the leverage associated with that, a metal plate is required.

Back