Ark 2530 renovations

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I wanted to write down what I used for this second station project because it was very helpful with the other posting in this site.

Second station products: Plus shipping
Parker second station mount $375
13.5 destroyer wheel with suicide knob. $99
Seastar rear mount helm 1.7 $434
Uflex hydraulic hoses 14'. $93
Teleflex second station/auto pilot kit. $90
Brp evinrude controls top mount. $318
$1409 total

This week should go very Nicely with my target date of July 1st. The rocket launchers, and back railings for the deck area should be bend the start of this week so I can get welding on them to add in the supports and downriggers pads and support feet. Can't wait to show you that. Here a side rail I did on my 96 aqua sport cc

Just finish plasma cutting the trim abs from 36 x 12 to 20 x12!

Here is a shot of them on the transom and the holes of the old one

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398621864.625676.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398621864.625676.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 355
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398621952.523587.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398621952.523587.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 355
I got the steering hook up today and need just a little more steering fluid to make an even smoother turns. Here are the picks of the second helm connections and main helm connections. Pretty simple once you have read all this post but here it is in a nut shell.

Second helm connections

Hoses coming out of the pilot house into the second helm console

Old hoses attach to new tee's after I took of the old 90 degree fittings

New hoses attach that go to the second helm from the main helm

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398913682.644022.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398913682.644022.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 337
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398913717.110256.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398913717.110256.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 337
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398913779.910097.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398913779.910097.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 337
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398913852.360217.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398913852.360217.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 337
I wish there were easier and more fittings made....I'm sure you see what I'm fixing to say now.

The new added hoses coming straight out from the helm in the pix above, take up a lot of room behind the helm. I thought those fittings were stainless? NOT! When we went to weld a 90 on the end of the T.....It just melted It's tinned Brass and thus full of contaminants.

My son did track down some high pressure fittings that would work eventually and not stick out like yours do.

It just makes it harder to get in there and work.

Those 3 Blue wires on your fuse panel in the pix. I dumped the OEM fuse panel in lue of a Blue seas 12 gang unit. I also joined those 3 wires together and hooked them to 1 fuse.....This was after changing the overhead pilothouse light bulbs out to LED's.. All 3 via LED burn less than 1 in incandescent.

I agree and thought of that when I install it. Also looking at the bending radius. I think I will do maybe one season on it if I can't find 90 fitting for those new hoses. All ready ahead of u on the blue sea. I got the same one since I seen it in your projects and I had put one in my aquasport when I upgraded the electrical system with new gauges, pump, electronic etc. love blue sea. Something else I was curios about warthog was what did u use as spacer between the Ss bolts on your swim platform bracket to contain the corrosion/ electrolysis? Selling the motor tomorrow then taking the bracket off hopefully this weekend guessing from your picks debond is in order?

Yes Debond, Wooden wedges, Razor Knife, Floor jack to put a strain on it and a A-frame to hang it from.

What you want is nylon Flat washers to go between the ss flat washers and the alum.

I like Blue seas products too...except for one item...Their "Add-A-battery" A BEP cluster is a much meater system and takes up a lot less room...You also know EXACTLY which battery your in control of.

Got this pix the other day...Asked What the heck he was doing with all those surface mount breakers...I only have 2- Both 50A. 1 for feeding the fuse panel and 1 for feeding the windless.

battery1_zps369dc8a6.jpg

That pic is mine. 100 amp feeding the helm and the 35 amp breaker is coming off alternator from OX66. Also a 60 amp breaker on windlass to the far left (unseen). The extra 35 amp is outlined on Blue Seas diagram.

100amp feeding the helm is extreme....30 or 40amp is typical for our size boats. I put a 50A in to compensate for any unforeseen extras down the road.

Okay haven't thought to much on the electrical grid lol yet but it seems I may have to put some thought behind it. It's not my profession per say but I understand. I have to look at my major components like the two chart plotters and definitly the electric downriggers. No windlass here yet but that might be a next year thing. Wanting to put in another battery in parallel with the other two so I have a little security for mostly a back up battery

Wanting to put in another battery in parallel with the other two so I have a little security for mostly a back up battery
While I'm all about safety and such....I think your being paranoid.

Yea....I know....Bigger ,Better, Faster and all that, but It's not needed.

FYI: I run 1- Gp24 Start battery and crank a DF-300AP Suzuki....No problem. Then I have a Gp27 Deep Cycle House battery for everything else.

I would compare your Electric downriggers to my electric reels...But I garantee the electric reels get a LOT more workout. IE use more power.

But the thing is...The motor is running and charging when both of those are being used. It's not like your just sitting and drawing the battery down.

Point well taken but that doesn't change the fact of me putting in another battery especial if I have the room. We hoping to be sitting on the anchor a lot and running things like a microwave, 12v heater, chart plotter on the high LED setting draws a lot of juice. The pro bass fisherman have been complaining about running two chart plotters and killing the battery. So sitting on anchor for twelve hours sturgeon fishing and running the back deck lights. While keeping your navigation lights running will eventual kill the battery or especial if I grab those microwaveable burritos we all love for example. I don't know about u but I get the munchies out there. An extra battery if one killed over like it did last year to get the motor turned over would be more then enough but I hoping to also use a 1000w inverter on the boat. Well enough reasoning. On the other side of thing I did get the motor sold last night and taken off. Here's the pic

Here’s my 3rd battery system. Sears was having a sale and I got this AGM Diehard for $120. This battery will be used both for the boat and the SUV when camping. I can “plug” into the electrical system via Male-to-Male cigarette adapter cable or high amp plug shown. The boat and the truck have both types of plugs. It has a 150 watt inverter to run the netbook, tablet, wifi, and the cell phone charger. It is nice not to have to run the engine and not be worried about running down the batteries. To recharge it, I just plug it in the cigarette adapter when the engine is running.

Attachments

• IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 277
Your Male To male Plug with the clamps.

I'd rather do away with the clamps and add battery eyelet ends to the cables.

What size battery?......Gp34?

Back