Can't fill fuel tank on 2015 2520 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried to call them and no answer, I sent a detailed message an hopefully they will send me some info, would love to give it a shot.

Lucky John":yy0wwerz said:
I still have to drip in my last 20 gallons...……...would love to see a fix for this issue
If it’s just the last 20 gallons you have issues with, you might already be full and over-riding the ullage ( fill limit ) valve to get more in. The valve can still let fuel by if you trickle it, but it’s not advised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no choice but to trickle and top off on a canyon trip. 20 gallons less on a 179 gallon tank is cutting it too close for comfort.

Lucky John":3vjmpnn7 said:
I have no choice but to trickle and top off on a canyon trip. 20 gallons less on a 179 gallon tank is cutting it too close for comfort.
Totally understand. I do the same thing, but stated capacity is less than the actual tank size. Stated capacity is tank size minus that extra 10 % the fill limit valve keeps you from filling. Totally speculating here, but what Im saying is you may already have that 179 gallons in the tank when you have to start trickling. I’m not 100% sure, but will try and find out.

I wrote an email to Florida Marine Tank and explained my situation. They requested a picture of the tank label and I sent it to them. I still haven't heard back yet.

Ok, so Florida Marine told me to remove a screw from my sending unit next time I fill up, and if it fills up they will email me a fix for this problem.
Well my gauge showed I needed 95 gallons, it filled up and kicked off full at 100 gallons, so as I have said for the last 4 years it is a vent issue!!!! :evil: I will see what kind of fix Florida Marine sends me and who will be doing it, either my dealer or outside contractor BUT I want Parker to foot the bill!!!!!

I spoke with FMT today and they are going to send me a kit to fix this problem. On my suggestion there is another pick up tube to the left of the one being used, they are going to ask engineering if they can send me a vent fitting in that spot instead of drilling a hole in the tank and adding a tee to vent line. I hope that works out as I can unscrew that fitting and do it myself rather than arguing with Parker to send my dealer down to do the repair. Once this installed and working I will post details and photo's. Hopefully everyone who has this issue can finally put it to bed :twisted:

Could u take a picture of the other fitting you are talking about. I don’t believe my 2017 232O has a third fitting. Just the welded vent and fuel fill elbows. My dealer is installing as we speak so may be too late for me, but I like your idea

I will take a picture tomorrow when I go to boat or you can send me your cell and will send it direct to you

BTW have I mentioned Parker customer service sucks. I sent them a detailed email and they give me their one line standard reply, have dealer check vent line WTF can't these people read? I want them to authorize either my dealer or outside vendor for this repair, as I don't want tp be on the hook if something goes wrong

FMC mailed us the new vent adaptor and dealer installed. They had to install a larger inspection plate to do the work. As you can see in the picture it is installed just like a fuel sender and FMC has insured me it should be leak free for the life of the boat. After reading Lucky Johns post above I’m a bit disappointed that no one thought to use the spare fuel pickup in bottom right of picture. Maybe they assumed I had a twin engine setup, but pretty bummed they advised us to take the more invasive measure. It’s been a long road finding a fix. Had I not called FMC directly I’m sure I’d still be trickling fuel at the pump. I will say they were very friendly and easy to work with and I appreciate their support.
465c45007d8641929e881264abce54c3.jpg

It’s just a hole to tank for venting. The vent hose runs up and T’s into the original vent hose.

Can you take a picture of where they put the tee? I went to my dealer today and asked them to contact Parker on my behalf as they seem to dislike talking to customers. I might just do the repair myself but to be honest this has been a design flaw from the get go and Parker should take care of it on their dime

My boat is an hour away at dealer, but the “T” is going to be right off the original vent elbow under the inspection hatch by your door. It’s a small space so you’ll “T” it right off the vent elbow. Basically cut the vent hose just far enough away from the elbow to leave room for Hose clamps and connect the original hose to each end of the “T” and you’re good to go !

I thought so. I looked at earlier when I went fishing. I can see why they used a larger plate as I don't think that hole is large enough to get to it correctly

My dealer called before and said that Parker was willing to look into problem under warranty but not perform the fix that FM sent. They want me to bring the boat there so they can test vent lines, charcoal filter etc and if I want to try the fix that they sent it was on me as they feel I am by passing the charcoal filter system...……..I will wait till you get your boat back and if the fix works I will just do it myself.

Final update : Adding the second vent completely solved the issue and now takes fuel without kicking off at the pump. Apparently it was determined that my original vent from factory was not allowing enough air to vent from tank to take fuel without kicking off.

Back