CT/NY Rendezvous

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pit is a great place only thing is that it will be Pcked on a saturday the is a pllace just west of port jeff flax pong good place to raft up and we can head to the beach and bbq there is a little river where the pong flows out on the outgoing you can bring tubes and float down it lot sof fun

I'm in. let's shoot for sometime in Aug.

I know there is a lot going on in Sept. kids back in school, etc.
Someone just nail down a day and if you can make it great. We won't be able to accommodate everyone's schedule.

Scott

Totally Hooked":7w7f3bin said:
The pit is a great place only thing is that it will be Pcked on a saturday the is a pllace just west of port jeff flax pong good place to raft up and we can head to the beach and bbq there is a little river where the pong flows out on the outgoing you can bring tubes and float down it lot sof fun
I know flax pond area and am fine with that if weather permits. The thing I liked about the pit is that it's sheltered as apposed to flax if you get a North or East or NE wind. I got the PJ harbormaster's phone # today. I want to call him to ask what is permitted there in case we decide the pit is the place. If you decide on flax you could use the pit as an alternative due to wind direction. It looks like we might get 6 boats from what I'm seeing on this thread. We just have to get a few of us the first year and get the thing started. What the heck, we'll probably all be out there somewhere anyway. If nothing else some of us will meet and we'll go from there. The 15th is fine with me, like I said, I'm flexible, we're DINKS (dual income, no kids)

alright:)

let's start posting some info. the date will be here before we know it.

let's get a list of items we all can bring. ie, food, drinks, etc.

scott

We don't have a grill but I'd be willing to bring some fresh salads, my wife makes some good stuff. we were considering bringing our pooch too. anyone else bringing their pets?

can we get a list of who's planning to go?

Scott, Ang, and Vanna-our dog.

I will be staying in the pit, 15-16......... so I'll be there. :D :D

I will have a few non Parker boats with me, but we can start our own raft if more Parkers show up.

hey, where did everyone go?

Kevin, help me motivate these parker folks ;)
let them know how much fun we'd all have.

com'on people. what fun is a parker boat if you can't share it with friends.

LIsound":322waypo said:
hey, where did everyone go?

Kevin, help me motivate these parker folks ;)
let them know how much fun we'd all have.

If it will help, we'll post photos of our Rendezvous (coming up this Sat).
That might help. :)

I make a conscious effort not to do too much 'organizing'. I set the date, time, and place and leave it to the members to join in. Some bring their families, some don't. We raft-up and some folks grill, some swim, some fish... but we all BS and check out each others boats. :D

Some of our folks spend the morning fishing before meeting us, some don't. Some of the non-locals that trailer or drive in and catch rides with other members like to tour Annapolis Harbor where they get to see some interesting boats.

Last year (I think it was), we got to see "Blue Guitar" anchored in the harbor.
How often to you get to see Eric Claptons boat close up? :)

Point is, we get together for a low pressure Rendezvous, and the rest works out on its own. I don't try to guide the ship... I just give it a push and a place to dock. :wink:
I'd have to go back into my log to count the number of boats we have assembled each year, but the way I see it... if it is 5 or 15, we'll still have a good day. 8)

Don't stress... have fun.

Bryan 2530":1pilp3qq said:
LIsound":1pilp3qq said:

Yeah, what he said.

Actually... that is something that we do that might work out for you.

Some folks can't make the trip if they live a distance away. What we have done is opened up an invitation by some members to take other members to the Rendezvous from a land base or launch point.

It has actually worked out well, and some folks who otherwise might not be able to participate make new friends by teaming up for a ride.

It's another option to get more folks involved. :wink:

I'm still planning on showing up. There's time to iron out the details. Keep it simple and however many or few show up, it's a starting point for next year and possibly an annual event. Bring your cameras to post a few pics of the first year. It's still going to be fluke season, too. Mike

Back