CT/NY Rendezvous

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right on!

Say 11am -noon wrap up between 4-5 or whenever? Bryan, what time are you getting there?
We can be there at any time.

Yeah!!! We can do better than 5 measly boats guys!

Can't let Megabyte beat us!!! :D :D :D

Anyone Got Lat/Lon for the sand pit?

Haven't been there in a while, just want to make sure I am going to the right place since it is about a 2 hour run for me, maybe a little less.

Jut to confirm, we are going to the Sand Hole on the eastern side of Oyster Bay?

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12365.shtml

I haven't been down that way in over 10 years and it seems there are many names being thrown around for the same place, can someone confirm???

Maybe post up a Lat/Lon of where we are going to be sure?

I think I am talking to myself...... :roll:

Bryan 2530":21q3jjh6 said:
I like the Sand Pit at Port Jeff idea from the other thread.
AKA Mount misery cove.

Now date??

End of July???

Where's it going to be guys? I'm flexible, Northport or PJ. It's onlt a few days away and we don't want some poor guy traveling to this thing and ending up 20 miles from the party with a po'd wife and kids.
JulyGunk-lg.jpg

DSCF1229.jpg

Bryan 2530":pluhlpd0 said:
I think I am talking to myself...... :roll:

We're listening... :)
A couple of tips:

1.) Pick a VHF channel that inbound folks can call if they are not certain exactly where you will be.
2.) Offer your cell number to folks who PM you. They might want to call rather than use the VHF.
3.) Lat/Lon and chart info is good for folks not familiar with the area.
4.) Make sure your fenders are large enough, and up to the task.
5.) We discovered that (depending on wind) 5 boats on a good anchor set is about the max. More than 5, set two anchors in the center of the raft.
6.) Don't stress... have fun... take photos! :D

Most folks hail on channel 9 but we may want to pick a less busy channel. Maybe 67? Megabytes suggestion of two anchors is a very good idea especially if we are going to the PJ pit. I've been talking to freinds that go there and they tell me it's sometimes hard to get a good set due to the sandy bottom depending on the wind. I use "Stonebuster" as a hailing name on the VHF. Sounds like the weather is going to be good.

That looks more like it!!!! :D

LIsound, that is the one with the tall dunes right?? That is where I want to go so my kids can see it.

So I was right with the picture I posted earlier but wrong with the chart I selected.

PORT JEFFERSON HARBOR IT IS

yes Bryan, right picture...wrong chart. I posted the correct one.

We'll be heading over around noon. i have a second anchor we can use.
cell 917-225-0848.

Who's going to be there?

OK, Looks like we're on the same page now.
1. Location: Port Jefferson sand pit
2. Date: Saturday August 15th
3. Time: around noon
4. Monitor channel 69

For those coming from the east, Can 11 will be on your port side a mile or two before you get to the mouth of PJ harbor. You'll see the dunes as you approach the harbor entrance. The pit is on the back side of the dunes. After you enter the harbor keep a look out to your port side and you'll see an entrance to the pit which is pretty far back. That time of day you'll most likely see a fleet of boats back there. Any problems hail on channel 69. Who's in and where's your home port?

All:

I hope you have a GREAT time! I'm sorry I will not be able to attend ... family reunion weekend don't ya' know. I think they wouldn't understand it if I went off with my Parker family ;) .

Gotta stay in the wills - haha! Might just buy me a new Suzi 300hp yet!

(kidding ... :) , but not about the motor ;) )

Back