It's ALL about the 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say this thread could be useful for any boat owner. Its always nice to see what others do with their "stuff. I mounted my fire extinguisher on my seat post as well but Velcro never entered my mind.......I just didn't think of it. I used two stainless steel hose clamps.

Previous owner liked to store water in the deck and below the gas tank.

We're remediating that - and thinking of turning float boxes aft into fish holds if we ever get this project in the water....

Thanks for all the 'little' project ideas. Something to shoot for.

As i have become fond of saying, "Good boat building is no match for crummy installs and poor maintenence."

Jtwo

Attachments

• sans tank post.jpg
    sans tank post.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,130
  • aft under deck skin post.jpg
    aft under deck skin post.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,128
  • whole aft deck post.jpg
    whole aft deck post.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,128
'Nice' is a relative term, but yes, the mess did go away nicely. Bob Blesser Boat Repair in San Diego - thank you.

Converting those aft float boxes to fish holds is currently on the table.
Cost of conversion + loss of floatation vs awesome storage/function?

Also, am I correct that the hull on the 1998 2520 hull is going to be all glass (no core) ?

Jtwo

My hull is solid glass, verified when I cut the hole to install my through-hull transducer.
Thick too! 8)

Thats what were aiming to do (install ducer). Have bronze 20 deg tilt. Where did you install yours? (aprox. distance off center/from transom?)

DaleH":zv5inf1b said:
Megabyte":zv5inf1b said:
My hull is solid glass, verified when I cut the hole to install my through-hull transducer.
Thick too! 8)
We need a picture of that plug posted here: http://174.122.3.125/~dhubbard/phpBB3/v ... 9cff#p3956

The dealer kept it to show folks in the showroom how thick the hulls are.
I do have some other plugs squirreled away... I just have to locate them. :)

Jtwo... see if this photo helps.
That board just forward of the backup bilge pump is the shelf that the batteries sit on.
Keep in mind that this is a modified vee boat (14 degree) with the 12 degree transducer.
Your DV with the 20 degree 'ducer might need a slightly different positioning.

Image-DD7D6FE00D5C11DC.jpg

Image-5C4B6F404F5411DB.jpg

Bryan 2530":3akdhb1w said:
Bump for 2520 owners.

Hey Bryan,

I feel bad. I haven't done anything to my boat in quite a while. I do look around this site for project ideas.

The only thing I need to do is replace the horn that finally petered out. Going to look at some of the archives and see what people have replaced the stock horns with.

Merry Christmas.

Larry

Would love to put a train horn on mine if I could fund an electric one.

Originally, I had intended this Topic to be photos of 2520's and neat projects.

However, I couldn't resist this photo. The best use of a Parker 2520.

Pulled the BBQ out a little later in the afternoon. Cooked up some burgers.

Got in the water and threw the net at some bait fish to feed the lazy Herons and Egrets that hang around our back yard...
I've always thought this was one of the best boat names, and graphics for a Parker! ... I remember seeing this boat listed for sale a while ago... nothing like being anchored up somewhere and cooking burgers on the boat! And spending the night onboard... anywhere.

In the first picture you can see Gemlux outrigger bases, Taco carbon fiber outriggers, Marsh Tacky center rigger, three additional rod holder on the inside of the transom, Garmin 24" fantom radar, solar panels on the roof, tinted windows, additional clamp on rod holders on the top rack and the spot/flood light bar under the pulpit.
tempImagePWwomm.jpg
In this pic you can see my $100 beach tent sun shade, the Webber Q grill and my PowerTech four blade props.
748918DA-128B-4FF7-A2B2-F475037A4E4D_1_201_a.jpeg
This the vent fix from Florida Marine Tank so I can fill my tank to 179 gallons.
tempImageFxJFCj.jpg
Here is the hand grab I added to prevent myself and others from bumping the switches. I also added one in front of the passenger seat.
tempImage65podu.jpg

Additionally, I added a two drawer system from Deep Blue that was a direct fit under the starboard rear passenger seat, a home made tackle storage rack on the front of the same seat pedestal and a dash pad that I made from a yoga mat and used a router to cut spots for holding things on the pad.

This ruler for the inside of the transom and bolster pads were custom made for me. I just received them and haven't put them on yet.F2CB0954-600A-406B-A258-DA50EB3866B6.jpeg

E64C20D5-8A22-48AB-A18A-8B85694DE9B3.jpeg

Attachments

• B3C58D36-8972-42A3-8014-382AA79DC8E6.jpeg
    B3C58D36-8972-42A3-8014-382AA79DC8E6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
In the first picture you can see Gemlux outrigger bases, Taco carbon fiber outriggers, Marsh Tacky center rigger, three additional rod holder on the inside of the transom, Garmin 24" fantom radar, solar panels on the roof, tinted windows, additional clamp on rod holders on the top rack and the spot/flood light bar under the pulpit.
View attachment 26984
In this pic you can see my $100 beach tent sun shade, the Webber Q grill and my PowerTech four blade props.
View attachment 26991
This the vent fix from Florida Marine Tank so I can fill my tank to 179 gallons.
View attachment 26985
Here is the hand grab I added to prevent myself and others from bumping the switches. I also added one in front of the passenger seat.
View attachment 26986

Additionally, I added a two drawer system from Deep Blue that was a direct fit under the starboard rear passenger seat, a home made tackle storage rack on the front of the same seat pedestal and a dash pad that I made from a yoga mat and used a router to cut spots for holding things on the pad.

This ruler for the inside of the transom and bolster pads were custom made for me. I just received them and haven't put them on yet.View attachment 26989

View attachment 26988
Can you explain the "vent fix"? Thanks

View attachment 26984
View attachment 26991
View attachment 26985
View attachment 26986

This ruler for the inside of the transom and bolster pads were custom made for me. I just received them and haven't put them on yet.View attachment 26989

View attachment 26988
Love the hand grab fix! I am forever leaning against & activating switches.

Cap'n Dan

Can you explain the "vent fix"? Thanks
They made and sent an additional tank vent that sits under the fuel level sender. It ties in to the forward tanks vent and allows the rear of the tank to vent. I did need to modify it slightly. I had to trim the sides of the vent on a bevel for it to fit between the fuel pickups. The hose in the 1 o'clock position goes forward and Ts into the forward vent.

Back