It's ALL about the 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the bomb diggity. You can rest your hand on the rail and use your thumb to activate. Much easier in rough seas instead of jabbing and missing or hitting the wrong one.

It works very well using it like you described. If you look even closer at the picture I used rubber bump stops on the face plate to mark the switches with a tactile reminder. Lights have them on the left and pumps are on the right. This way I can operate them without looking down at the switches.

I got the bolsters and ruler mounted. I think they look great! $300 including the personalization from Brian Kersey. I picked them up local; however, he does ship. Next, I will be getting a dash pad made to cover the entire dash.
tempImageUkZQxI.jpgtempImagetUKWDq.jpgtempImagexZXmYY.jpg

Last edited:
Antidote

I like the "pads" you put next to the breakers. Probably the cheapest mod I have come across.. I always have to look down see what windshield wiper breaker I am hitting. Not next year!

2520xl - new Suzuki 300

28C12346-8538-4DF7-9A17-97FB67383168.jpeg

tower, full controls

6D7629A5-28DA-41D2-B3E7-6DC8435D3456.jpeg

networked electronics (medium and low chirp transducers), autopilot etc

5002279E-19D2-4E1E-BA5C-2BC44AF25788.jpeg

C4BE2A0C-48CC-4963-B36E-C3F120F75382.jpeg

Offshore rigged - rod holders, outriggers, gaffs, harpoons, electric reel ports, 600 ft anchor line and multiple hooks etc

and needs a new fuel tank :(

Antidote

I like the "pads" you put next to the breakers. Probably the cheapest mod I have come across.. I always have to look down see what windshield wiper breaker I am hitting. Not next year!
Definitely not the most expensive mod I've done; but, easily the most used.

Looking at that engine mounting height......I guarantee it's to LOW.

Interesting - I have been mostly happy with performance. It does ride deep, if I look at the trim plate.

However, when I run it in 2 - 3 foot chop, especially into it, I have to trim the engine all the way down to the stops to prevent cavitation. On the flat I run trim at around 45-55 percent on the gauge. In open water I am closer to 0. I am concerned if I raised the motor I would have even more trouble keeping that prop in the water

Yea those gauge numbers don't tell me anything.....But I understand what your saying.

Attachments

• 100_5009.JPG
    100_5009.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 24
[email protected]
912 704 2665
https://www.facebook.com/KMSMarineDecking
Brian is a super nice guy. His prices are the greatest. I even offered to not say what I paid when I saw the other prices out there. He wanted me to tell everyone what I paid. I picked them up locally so if you need to ship them he may ask for a little more for the shipping. He is in Rincon GA. The next project I will have him working on is a full dash pad. I made one from a yoga mat, which I'm going to bring to him to replicate. I wish you the best and a Merry Christmas and hopefully the best of a New Year.

Steve

Back