My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got some new numbers yesterday with a new prop to try.

'95 VX 250 2 stroke. 5 people onboard and tanks full [150gal]

Prop = Powertech 4 X 15 X 15

The boat came out of the hole better.
The prop gave the boat more stern lift and put the cavitation plate where it needed to run.

Top speed was

35.6MPH @ 5500RPM = 23.3GPH - 1.4MPG

28.5MPH @ 4500RPM = 15GPH - 1.9MPG

26.5MPH @ 4200RPM = 13.3 - 1.9MPG

23MPH @ 4000RPM =13.5GPH -1.8MPG

We had problems right after that. I believe there is a lot of trash in the fuel tanks and causing problems. The tanks are fixing to be emptied and cleaned.

Glad that at least the boat got these numbers, as I would have condemned the prop for poor performance.

The dependability can't be trusted in this boat so far.

The beginning of a new project. Cleaning the fuel tanks.

Borrowed these from a buddy of mine. We have hurricanes here and he's prepared.

100_4788.jpg

How do you like your gsd(26?) and that airmar thru-hull? I'm looking at that same system for my 2530 but wasn't sure that was the best transducer choice. Have you had a chance to test it?

I used to run that same PowerTech prop on that JohnnyRude DI-2Stroke I had before the Suzuki 250hp, same config too, 4-blade 15x15.

jimbob AK":1hbcc780 said:
How do you like your gsd(26?) and that airmar thru-hull? I'm looking at that same system for my 2530 but wasn't sure that was the best transducer choice. Have you had a chance to test it?

I like it JimBob. Is it better than say a Furuno 585 hooked to a B-260? I don't know? It's hard to tell without having them side by side. I haven't had it in any deep water yet. About the deepest so far is 60ft. The seperation from the bottom is good. There is a LOT to it that can intimidate you as to adjustments.

A furuno 582,585, 620 or one of the newer 587's I can walk you thru using it over the phone while your on the water. I can't with this.
I do still prefer 2 separate units. Furuno for FF and Garmin for Chartplotter. But I like this too, as I said.

Something that I have not figured out or if it's possible? That is displaying the fuel info while the combo Chartplotter & Sonar are both displayed.

You can get GPH,MPG with just the chartplotter displayed, but I want to see the bottom at the same time incase you run over new fish habitat.

Here you can see the "Fuel Rate" [GPH] & the MPG

100_4665.jpg

Here that info is gone.

100_4656_zps130c620b.jpg

I used to run that same PowerTech prop on that JohnnyRude DI-2Stroke I had before the Suzuki 250hp, same config too, 4-blade 15x15.

Did it choke the motor down when you really put a load on the boat?

warthog5":21vlltvi said:
Did it choke the motor down when you really put a load on the boat?
Not one bit! Accelerated out of the hole well! Less fast than the Suzi of course, but was the best prop on my boat w/ that motor.

Rod Holder liners .... On my boat they were Lee RS526 that fit a Lee RH525SS. About $12ea.

Yes I did clean the tanks. It's hard to tell exactly how much crap was in it. Due to the stuff traped in the filters.

But when I sucked out the last of the fuel It even sucked up the surplus balls of alum from when the tank was built.

I feel very good about it.

Warthog-
Im currently installing a BEP cluster like you've described in several postings. What gauge wire did you run from your batteries to the cluster?
thanks
Jim

Next project.

We want a portable livewell. IE: Not a perm. install. Had a perm. tank on the other boat and they take up to much room all the time.

So this is the start. WE will be installing a Washdown pump also.

To the grocery store to find the right piece of tupperware to use as a mold. Used that as a pattern. Lot's of fiberglass cut in the pattern. 2oz Mat and some alternating 1808 0/90 & 1708 45/45.

100_4877_zps0132c018.jpg

100_4878_zpsefde873d.jpg

15oz of resign

100_4879_zpscda6a035.jpg

laminated and rolled.

100_4880_zps5dd7f737.jpg

100_4881_zps2653536b.jpg

Here's the scoop, SeaCock and Dual Port Livewell pump.

100_4882_zps47ee03cd.jpg

That is one hell of a fiberglass sandwich! :D
Good looking pump too.

Watching this one closely as I'm gonna try live lining for Rockfish this summer and I need a live well. :wink:

Here's the mounting pad. The darn mold had some cup in it.....as much as 1/4in, so that transferd to the part. I ground on it and built several layers more of glass to build it up. Then sanded it flat on the belt sander. Then rounded the edges with the DA sander.

100_4884_zpsf32def01.jpg

100_4885_zps60558460.jpg

What do you think of the anchor deck hatch re. Build quality and water tightness.

I like it...Anything you can do to create easier access to things makes your life a LOT easier.

Easier to do maintenance, change batteries, check pumps and clean.

I haven't been happy with those new Harden Marine Fuel sending units. Just to spratic and unsure of how much fuel was really in the boat.

So I cut my loses and bought 2 new ones.

100_4886_zps90fc0cf4.jpg

100_4887_zps66483591.jpg

100_4888_zps86659a1a.jpg

I also found I was turning and reading the manual tank selector valve Ass backwards. DA!

You read the little pointy end.....Not the handle end.

Anyway fuel gage is reading all correctly now. :)

Here is something that I found that could REALLY screw your day Up.

Those new senders come with some nice screws. I wasn't thinking about that at first. I just knew I needed to buy shorter screws than held the other senders in, as they were taller.

So I have this pair of electrical crimpers that also have mini machine screw cutters in them. I just used them to be sure of the thread size. I couldn't remember if they were 10/24 or 10/32's....as it turned out they were 10/32's, which makes sense due to more threads per inch in that 1/8in alum tank.

So Hmmmmmm! I pull one of the new screws out of the package and test the threads in the cutters threaded holes.

Will not go in 10/32.......Will Not go in 10/24......Hmmmmmm! Must be Metric.

But think about this. Your working thru a 6in pie hole and the dang sender is not even centered in the hole. You stick a Metric threaded machine screw in a 10/32 threaded hole. This could have devastating effect and really screw up you day and week for that matter. If you strip the holes in the tank......How will you fix them?

I bought some 10/32 X 5/8in Stainless machine screws. They were liberally coated with Tef-Gel.

warthog5":90ng2jzc said:
I also found I was turning and reading the manual tank selector valve Ass backwards. DA!

You read the little pointy end.....Not the handle end.

Anyway fuel gage is reading all correctly now. :)

I have 3 tanks on my boat. Port, Center, and Stbd...
If you happen to face the handle center, rather than the pointy end, the tank selector is in the OFF position.

Ask me how I discovered this. :evil:

Back