My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prop Measurements

Prop1.jpg

miky2884":2fpuc4kl said:
Did they fit in the existing holes with no problems?

Yep. Everything fits perfect, screw holes and size of screw holes. Just swap them out with some crimp/shrink Butt connectors.

Today I took the lock apart on the cabin door. I took it down to one of the old Lock & Gunsmith's in town.
Make a key fit and make a spare. $15

Perko sell's the Escutcheon Plate with Keys, but I couldn't find a price on them.

100_4642.jpg

Round, what a silly shape for a door knob up here in the northeast that is used when your hands are cold, wet and sometime have gloves on. Curse mine constantly but have not gotten around to do anything about it.

It has a Lever style on the inside. It's a factory Perko design.

But funny you bring this up. All the ones in my house are converted to Lever style, including the storm doors. Much happier with that.

Considering I've only tested this boat one time and don't really have a baseline yet.

The original prop will be run. Understand that the boat had no tabs on it before.

Now that I know "what" the prop is and can get the attitude of the boat situated out much better. I will be able to make a more defined selection on the proper prop.

My first thoughts are to jump it to a 15 X 17.......But we will see. I'm also still wondering about raising the motor.

Before taking the prop to the Prop Shop I thought I had a 15in dia. prop. It's a 14.

Well, whats the price you want to sell it for?

It was Free. I just pulled it off the motor and took it down there. No adjustments were made to the prop. Just measured it.

I have taken them a 12pk in the past to do this. :)

This is a old pix of Danny measuring some props on my buddies boat.

IMG_0888.jpg

Knowing your baseline (what you are actually starting with), makes it easier to determine where you want to go.
It will also tell you if your present prop has ever been modified or damaged.

Nope.....Pretty hard to do, considering the sending unit is not in the center of the piehole and the tank has baffles in it.

Oh I did look down in the tank's when the senders were changed. The empty one looked clean from what I could see. But that doesn't tell you much.

Black Painted Stainless..... I think it is a factory Yamaha Prop. 3 X 14 X 17

'95 2530..... 1/2 full of fuel [75gal] 4 people onboard and no extra weight.

'95 VX 250 Yamaha Carbed 2 stroke.

Maxed out
5400 RPM = 35MPH burning 23.3GPH = 1.6MPG

5000 RPM = 31MPH burning 20.4GPH = 1.6MPG

4600 RPM =27.5MPH burning 14.6GPH = 1.9MPG

4200 RPM = 24MPH burning 12.8GPH = 2.0MPG

4000 RPM =20MPH burning 11.4GPH = 1.8MPG

Your speed and gph burn @ 4200 is about what I see in my boat at cruise.

Back