New Parker 1801 Owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Speeder

Reaction score
Whats up fellas, just took delivery of a used 2016 1801... I had been trying to finalize a deal on a new one, then the dealer sold the boat to someone else and told me I was looking at August for the next one to be delivered. It ended up being a stroke of good luck as I found a minty mint 2016 with only 25 hours on the engine down in NC. It was priced below value and I basically bought sight unseen, contingent on an inspection. You have to rock and roll a little bit to catch a deal like this. The inspection was flawless, and I still have a warranty on both the engine and the hull. It was a steal. Super happy with it and looking forward to hitting the Sound.

Attachments

• park.jpg
    park.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 492
Week one has been great, wish I could have been out more but the weather is not cooperating. I ran the boat a couple of times for a couple of hours and I am thrilled with the performance. I downsized from a 2008 Boston Whaler 210 Ventura and had measured expectations for what an 18' could do. Happy to say it doesn't feel anywhere near as small as I thought it would.

Attachments

• IMG_4445.JPG
    IMG_4445.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 446
1801Steve":1t5x3ynx said:
You will love this boat. I've owned mine three years now and love it! Do not want anything larger.... It is perfect for what I do.
Smaller made sense for me for a ton of reasons. I really am enjoying it so far!

Congratulations !
Looks like you got a nice one.
I believe that an 1801 will be my next boat too.

Great weather this weekend and I got to spend a ton of time on the water. I put more hours on the engine this weekend then it had on it form the original owner. Nothing better than being able to take in the sunrise and sunset on the boat in the same day. Fish were also very cooperative as well!

Attachments

• Park 5.jpg
    Park 5.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 385
  • Park 6.jpg
    Park 6.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 385
Drafting only 7" has been an unexpected bonus... my marina is only about 5 min from the house but with two toddlers loading them in and out of the car is a headache, then you have to deal with the marina too. On weekends I basically go out early morning for some fishing, then just anchor up in front of the house for the rest of the day. It doesn't take much effort at all the keep the boat floating and this way we are able to jump right on the boat and get out for quick rides when the kids are into it, and when they say they want to go in they are off the boat in minutes. It has added a lot of family use that I didn't get with the larger whaler I used to have. Really loving my 1801.

Attachments

• DSC_8263.jpg
    DSC_8263.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC_8290.jpg
    DSC_8290.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 344
The boat continues to outperform expectations.

Attachments

• D390030A-7557-4A6D-A040-E374B2ACFD00.jpeg
    D390030A-7557-4A6D-A040-E374B2ACFD00.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 332
1801Steve":3ney2jne said:
Mr. Speeder":3ney2jne said:
The boat continues to outperform expectations.

Nice fish. How big?
I think that one as around 32lbs. Had some really amazing fishing going on in the Long Island Sound the last few weeks.

I took the last 2 weeks off of work and put about 75 hours on the boat... tons of fishing in the low light hours then family stuff when the kids are up. Fishing has been great, it's nice to get vacation time, good weather and hungry fish all lined up. I could not be happier with the 1801. It does all I need it to for both family and fishing. Best fish on the boat was this 38 pounder, I am fishing the middle basin of the Long Island Sound, this is a tank of a fish for my area. I also was able to get my mom, cousin, wife and a couple buddies on fish above 30 lbs over my vacation.

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 242
Back