Parker Factory Eye Candy (Pics)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girlfriend and I toured the factory in early March. Although, it was a thrill to see where the R&R was born, the fact that only 3 or 4 people were working sent a somber note through my brain. I'm so happy to see Ranger Tims' images with so many employees at work. Great news and much appreciation for your photos. If there are more, bring 'em on!

I'm thinking we should all take up a collection so we can send Tim back to Parker for tour # 2. The pictures and the tour were excellent, thank you very much.

As it happens, I must return to the Holy of Holies, the birthplace of all that is Parker, the boater's Mecca, Beaufort, NC. Alas, the Admiral was unable to get off work for the trip. The tour was conducted with the understanding that a repeat performance must be offered to SWMBO when she goes with me next time. They will probably ban my camera to keep the risk management folks from getting worked up. :roll: Sure hope nobody's upset I posted pics of the inner sanctum. I'm sure Dale will remove what is inappropriate if he gets the thumbs down.

On a side note, as I was leaving the plant and walking to the truck some dude came running out the side door yelling for me to wait. I thought it was someone I knew because he was calling my name. Turns out it was Linwood Parker himself, whom I didn't know from Adam's off ox. He shook my hand then launched into a brief interrogation about how I liked my boat, how much I used it, etc. I felt incredulous that the owner of the company would take the time to run out of his office to catch me before I left. He was very genuine in his interest and we talked for a while. Perhaps his biggest reaction was when I told him what a great deer stand the Parker is in my backyard. He thought that I should take a "Bubba style" picture with the deer draped over the bow rail and send it to him for the web site. I regret I didn't get a picture with him.

How many other big boat companies have a CEO that maintains that much connection with their customers? Not many, I'll bet. Man I'm glad I bought a Parker!

If you ever go to this area be sure to take your surf rod and drive out to Ft. Macon and fish the inlet channel. It is a mere 100 ft. from the shoreline and looks like it carries a decent current. I won't make the mistake of leaving the pole behind ever again!

Attachments

• 2120-at-the-bar.jpg
    2120-at-the-bar.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 3,670
Thanks Tim
I was there about three weeks ago and was equally impressed. So darn clean. I noticed about three open back PHs. My tour guide said they were a rare bird. I was also told that all of the boats being built right now are for Parker "stock" just to keep thier key builder's busy and not laying anyone off. Dealers are not buying boats right now. True integrity.

Great pictures, beautiful boats,and an impressive factory..

My wife and I would love to tour it someday soon....Thanks]

After working off the deck of the 2520 tow boat, I too had the opportunity to tour the factory with Eric.
Tim, your pics bring back some of the memories of that day. After the tour, the I was given a Parker hat, and 6 months later I bought my own Parker.
These boats are built very well and the more I work around on it, the more satisfied I am with it.

Thanks for taking the to post and share what you saw.

Tim,

As I was leaving the Annapolis Boat Show last year, and passed by the Parker in-water display, ClassicParker member Boatron flagged me down. Ron asked if I'd had a chance to meet Linwood during the day, and I told him that he had not arrived yet when I was there. So he asked if I'd like to meet him... (are you kidding!?) :D

Ron took me over to the 3420 where Linwood, his son Wood, and John Page Williams were sitting in the cabin having a conversation. After introductions, I spent the next hour or so having a great time discussing boating (Parker products in particular), and the ClassicParker community of owners. :wink:

At one point, I found myself sitting below deck in the machine space of the 34 as Linwood showed me the nuances and features of that model.
While I'm sure that Linwood was quite engaged in the boats design, he gave much credit for the design and execution of this model to his son Wood.

The whole time I was with them, you could tell that these were genuine folks who took a great interest in their product, and the people (like us) who buy and use their products.

Gotta tell you... it made me proud to be an owner. 8)

Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to post and also for the narration. I felt like I was on a guided tour. :lol:

The opening photo looked like the hangar deck on the mothership! Watching these folks at work was great. I hope they all know how much we appreciate their attention to detail and careful workmanship.

Thanks again for sharing Tim.

Thanks for making this a sticky Dale. It is nice that it is sitting right there and all you have to do is click on it and the eye candy appears.

WOW,Thanks so much for posting this up.What an awesome operation!
I'm so stoked,and proud to be an owner of a truely great boat.
I took delivery of my boat on my birthday last April.I have over 250hrs on my boat,I'm takin it over to our local Islands tomorrow.After checking out ALOT of other vessels I KNEW that these boats had the classic great lines,and dependabilty that I wanted in a vessel.After taking your picture tour,it just reinforces my confidence in my own little 2120.
So glad I picked the right boat.
Thanks again for the show.
MJ.

WOW! From what I can see there is a very large Flare and Freeboard on that boat. It looks like the old Lema boat line that used to be here in RI and thru the northeast, great boats in big water.

Thanks a lot, Tim!!!
That looks like a first class boat they're building. Makes you proud, don't it?
It's good to see what we're ridin' in from the inside out...I haven't had the pleasure of a tour yet.
Good fishing!
Steve

Awesome job Tim love all the pics. and your little sayings throught the picture details!!! I have to get there one day to check it out!!!

Nikon D70, 18-70mm kit lens, some shots taken with pop-up flash. Have lots more Nikon gear but only take this kit when on road trips.

Why turn something you love into a JOB! That's why I quit the music business - so I could enjoy it!

Thanks so much for the tour!!!
Great pictures too. I think Parker should be proud to have your shots out there. I remember the first time I saw a Parker at the dealer. I fell in love with the boats and the quality. It was not long before I bought one! Again, great job on the pics.......

Bruce

Back