SoCal Parker BBQ in Long Beach Harbor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad the 19th is a holiday and my boats not quite finished yet. I’d prefer the 24-25th if it’s cool with everyone. I may be able to do the 17-18th if that’s what works best for everyone else.

Also, sitting in the harbor is great if the weather is up, but I would much rather go to Catalina if it’s nice and everyone’s game.

Let’s get some input here.

Weekend of the 17-18, 24-25 or something else?

Long Beach Harbor or Catalina?

Also, having never done this, if we tie the boats up together do we need any special kind of bumpers or anything? I know we all love are Parkers to much to beat them up.

Catalina it is!
Moorings are easily available this time of year as well.
We can choose a date based on popular vote. Seems like this thread is getting many views but not much comment. Speak up lurkers!!!

That weekend wont work for me .
I'll have to catch the next one.Hope you folks have a great time,and take LOTS of pics to post up.
Have fun!!
MJ.

That weekend wont work for me .
I'll have to catch the next one.Hope you folks have a great time,and take LOTS of pics to post up.
Have fun!!
MJ.

I propose the following:

1-17-09 05:30 to 06:00 bait up at Nacho's.
06:00 to 11:00 Fish-big fish wins..........a pat on the back. Fish from Newport Jetty to PV, including LB Harbor (there's some nice Halibut being caught right now, and the Bass still seem to want to play).
11:00 to 13:00 Raft up at Island Chafee
13:00 those that want to go to Catalina (where not much is being caught) and spend the rest of the holiday weekend can. That way those that cannot commit the time to the entire weekend can participate.

VHF 68

Rain date of 1-24-09, same schedule.

Bring all your fender's for the raft up.

Best,

Jeff

Way to throw down the gavel, Jeff!! I can make the 17th. Sounds fun.
-David

So far we have as follows:

1. Catalina-8
2. Undecided-3
3. LB-2

1. Fellevellow-----LB
2. 5150dude-----undecided
3. TopShot25-----Catalina
4. tara11-----undecided
5. Michael J-----undecided
6. Robb-----Catalina
7. Peregrine-----Catalina
8. Brian S-----Catalina
9. WhalinDave-----Catalina
10. rloomis-----Catalina
11. Fishingfortuna-----Catalina
12. sofish-----Catalina
13. dbrantley-----LB

Any further comments I can update this list accordingly.

For me it’s no big deal to make the run to Catalina as gas is down and it’s only an hour. It would also let people launch from where they usually launch and meet up. Fishing is slow everywhere and at least it’s beautiful over there. If we really want to get together a few hundred yards off the beach we may as well just BBQ at someone’s house. :p So Catalina gets my vote.

It’s not a big deal to me where, but I do think we should pick one thing and stick with it. I’m a team player and I for one would like to stay with the group. If were going to have a SoCal Rendezvous, lets not do it half hearted.

My vote is easily changed to Catalina. Make it the primary, LB secondary due to slop, and the next weekend if raining.

Catalina is far better aesthectically.

Do we want to be on can's at the Ithsmus or rafted in a cove like Goat or Ripper's?

Jeff

I've never done the raft up thing so I'm just guessing that we should look into something more protected. Maybe long point or up around the isthmus, something like that. It would be pretty east to side tie on a can though and I've got bugs just sitting there also.

Whatever the group wants is good with me.

My vote is to get moorings at the isthmus. Sounds to me like the raft up thing might be cumbersome for people to come and go as they please. Can't beat the scenics at Catalina vs LB harbor. Weekend of the 17th sounds fine to me.

The ithsmus is great. We should get into 4th of July Cove as that is sheltered from the wind. The main anchorage can be unpleasant as the wind funnels through the low part of the island.

Jeff

Fourth of July Cove works for me. Might even be able to pick up a few bugs. :D We will still need to side tie also. I'm not swimming this time of the year, :shock: and I don't have a dingy.

110717Fourth%20of%20July%20Cove6856-med.jpg

Come on Bryan, that’s why we have trailer boats. :p I’ll bet if you were to splash your Parker over here on the left coast you would be the honored guest. :D :) :) Which I would bet, would get you drinks all weekend.

Maybe I need to look at the map again. I know it starts to the right of the isthmus and goes to arrow point, must be right after 4th of July. Either way, lots of bugs all around Cat. One other thing, is the restaurant/bar open this time of year at the isthmus?

I know the small cafe to the right is. Not sure about the restaurant. I’m sure we can find a number and call to check. I'm hoping I can get my boat back together early enough for me to get out there Friday night to find some bugs.

Back