SoCal Parker BBQ in Long Beach Harbor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am game for the meet and greet, sounds like a great time with great people. Is there a set place and time? I work saturdays at Harley Davidson but would love to join in on sunday. Keep us posted on the details. By the way, either location is fine with me. Will be lauching out of Sunset Aquatic, stones throw from Pacific Edge.

Not sure what the exact plan is yet. I’m not sure how Sunday will play out. We could get a temporary Mooring and have lunch at the Isthmus to put an end to the trip? As to the game plan I’ve been thinking, and I see two options.

Plan A: We start from wherever you choose and while participating in a little derby, fish our way to Forth of July cove arriving around 1PM. Set up on a mooring and have a meet and greet/weigh in and BBQ. This would give us time to head out again if you choose to try and find a few lobsters. We can return fairly early and continue the festivities. Sunset is at 5:09pm.

Plan B: We start from wherever you choose and meet up around Noon for lunch and a meet and great. Then we can venture out and have our little derby and meet back at the cove around dark and do it up.

Fishing is a little slow and the tides are not very promising, so my first choice would be plan A. If we have some people that have never hooped and would like to know what the excitement is all about, I for one would not mind taking someone along.

Plan A sounds good. I can't stay o'night as I have commitments on Sunday, so will be leaving after the BBQ.

Fish derby could be who comes up with a legal Calico bass from Catalina..........or the first local YT.

Jeff

Sweet catalina sounds great, i am deffinitely gonna try to make it. never been to fourth of july cove, is there camping there, and if so how many people are camping out???

hey just checked the surf report for socal on Sat/Sun, and it is supposed to be double overhead, i guess that there is a storm coming from japan and is supposed to hit socal Fri night/ Sat Morning. just a heads up, if true this will throw a wrench in things for us

I don’t know guys, we can wait and see? It’s looking like the next weekend to me.

They should be big rollers, but if any wind comes up it could get nasty real fast. Depending on what it looks like I may still go, but I’m not sure a rendezvous would be a great idea this weekend.

SYNOPSIS FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST AND SANTA BARBARA CHANNEL
INCLUDING THE CHANNEL ISLANDS NATIONAL MARINE SANCTUARY...
AT 16Z...8 AM PST...A 1040 MB SURFACE HIGH WAS LOCATED OVER
NORTHERN NEVADA. ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS...WEAK TO MODERATE N TO
NE FLOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH WED. A LARGE LONG PERIOD WESTERLY
SWELL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN MOVING INTO THE COASTAL WATERS ON FRIDAY.

INNER WATERS FROM POINT MUGU TO SAN MATEO PT. CA INCLUDING SANTA
CATALINA AND SANTA BARBARA ISLANDS-
902 AM PST TUE JAN 13 2009

TODAY
NE WINDS 10 TO 20 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 25 KT BELOW
PASSES AND CANYONS...BECOMING NW 10 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND
WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT AT 12 SECONDS.

TONIGHT
WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS.
W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT AT 13 SECONDS.

WED
NE WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING W IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES
2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT AT 13 SECONDS.

WED NIGHT
NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. WIND STRONGEST FROM POINT
MUGU TO PACIFIC PALISADES. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL
2 TO 3 FT.

THU
NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 25 KT...
BECOMING VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND STRONGEST
FROM POINT MUGU TO PACIFIC PALISADES. WIND WAVES 1 OT 3 FT.
W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT.

THU NIGHT
WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING NE 10 TO 15 KT
AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND STRONGEST FROM POINT MUGU TO PACIFIC PALISADES.
WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT.

FRI
NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS IN
THE AFTERNOON. WIND STRONGEST FROM POINT MUGU TO PACIFIC PALISADES.
WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT...BUILDING TO 4 TO
6 FT.

SAT
WIND VARIABLE 15 KT OR LESS. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS.
W SWELL 6 TO 8 FT.

This is going to be real long period stuff-coming from Japan. It's the 6-8' at short period that makes a mess. Pretty stable Wx in general so low probability of a bust in the forecast.

I'm in for this weekend.

Jeff

Great. The BBQ is on deck and I'm picking up the bratwurst from the German deli on Friday...........oh and I've got some squid in the freezer that needs some exercise.

Jeff

If you look at the swell model on wetsand.com the channel wil have 2-3ft swell anyways, it's worse on the outside. I should be there, just need to get my wife on board!

Just got and email from John, I am pretty sure we are in for the Cat part, we were going and decided last night to not go, then I got the email from John, I am pretty sure I can convince my wife, let you know tonight or inm the morning !
Craig

O.K. Final tab, weatherman says 3-5 light wind, :D who’s in and what are your plans?

Fish your way over to Catalina, for the first SoCal ClassicParker weigh in and BBQ at 1:00 PM in Forth of July Cove. How about each boat takes care of their basic food needs and we have a potluck for finger food type munchies.
110717Fourth%20of%20July%20Cove6856.jpg

I’m hoping the bugs crawl well so it will be a quick venture out and back so we can continue the festivities. Any ideas for Sunday?

Here’s the list, who’s in?

Screen Name----Name-----Boat name-----Plans

1. TopShot25---- John-------Boat “Horndog” -----Fishing-BBQ-hooping-Spending the night, Friday-Sunday.
2. Peregrine---Jeff-----------Boat “Peregrine“ -----Drowning some squid-BBQ-
3. Brian S-----Brian & Kim----Boat "Triple Limits" -----Fishing-BBQ-hooping-Spending the night.
4. WhalinDave--Dave--------Boat "Sweet Pickle" -----Fishing-BBQ-hooping-Spending the night, Friday-Sunday.
5. sofish----------------------------------------------------Fishing-BBQ----------------------------------------
6. dbrantley2320--David-------Boat "Tunatango--------Fishing-BBQ----------------------------------------

What to bring, help me add to the list.
Bumpers
Camera
Potluck finger foods
Hoopnets-everyone needs a new license and lobster cards.

Oh, and don’t forget your Parker

Brian and Kim will be there on "Triple Limits". Looks like we will launch out of Long Beach, fish for Halibut until noon then head over to the island. Plan on bringing the hoop nets to drop around the isthmus. Will probably hoop around that area unless someone wants to join us to pull because my wife sure isn't going to be able to! We plan on staying for the night as well.

I'll be there. Plan to arrive on Friday. Spending Fri, Sat, and maybe Sunday. I'll be BBQing, fishing. and maybe hooping if someone is willing to give me some pointers. I've only got a couple of hoops and I'm real wet behind the ears when it comes to hoopin. Also plan to bring a camera and take lots of pictures. Lookin forward to it!

I wish I could make it.
I've had other plans for this weekend scheduled for awhile.

Everyone have a safe, fun time!

Joe

Weather forecast looks to be good:
Sunny skies, with a high of 77, light winds.

Marine forecast:

Saturday
NE winds 10 to 15 kt in the morning...becoming variable 10 kt or less. Wind waves 2 ft or less. W swell 2 to 4 ft.

Wetsand is also showing a west swell of 2-3 ft for the weekend which means nice and calm on the leeward side of Catalina.

See you all at 4th of July Cove on Saturday at 1pm!

Back