Trim Tab Not Working - Need Suggestions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Mattie

Reaction score
When I launched the boat this past weekend, one of my Lenco trim tabs would not work. There was no motor noise when the port switch was depressed and the starboard tab does not move from the up position. The port tab activates from the starboard switch fine and goes up and down.

I suspect either a bad electrical contact, a bad switch, a bad motor or a combination of them. I have examined the back of the switch but all contacts seem intact and no obvious corrosion.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Guys try spraying some type of plastic compatible electrical contact cleaner in the rocker switch front. Work it back and forth it may be just some corrosion on the contact. Especially if it was working fine when you put it away last year.. Each year before putting away and at launch time, I spray all switches on boat. CRC makes the stuff I use, it comes in a blue can. I also extend the tabs to full each year and give a liberal squirt of PB Blaster to the extended rams of the actuators and all seals, steering. rams for tilt etc. After squirting rams with blaster I then retract them for the winter. Is this helping? Don't really know, or is it I'm just lucky, but I haven't had seal or switch go bad and I'm on my original pair of Lenco actuators and the boat is an 03'. Take it for what it's worth.... :D

You can tell if it's your switch by reversing your wiring on the back of the switch from one side to the other. My bet is that it's the switch.

Back