Looking for options for moving second station.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cb_usmc

Reaction score
I am redoing the deck in my 25 Parker. My second station is just a free standing helm. I don't like how much room it takes up in the cockpit. I am thinking of moving the wheel and controls to the gunnel or mounting them on the back of the cabin. I am open for any options anyone can think of instead of using the big freestanding helm here is a linkto how it is setup now.http://www.thehulltruth.com/members/cb_ ... arker.html

Thanks for any advice

Wow, you're already close to the cabin bulkhead, why not move it there? You will need a small control box like shown below.

2nd_helm2_126.jpg

I like that setup. Really don't want to get rid of the second station, I love it for trolling and docking. Just don't like how big the console is now. I was thinking of making something like shown. Thanks ...

Mine is mounted on my washboards. Smaller wheel and it doesnt extend past the rub rail. I am pushing 1000 hours and never had a problem with it there and there is no free standing unit in the way. . I use mine all the time and dont know what I would do without it trolling or fishing around structure.

Attachments

• bfcss.jpg
    bfcss.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 291
I am redoing the deck now. I took out the helm....I am in between putting it on the gunnel or like daleh setup. I am thinking about not putting it back in, but just like you, I use it a lot...thanks for the feedback

Back