Need a cover for a 2012 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wstandis

Reaction score
What are you guys using for a cover for your 1801's?

is there something I can buy off-the-shelf or do I need to go custom?

thanks in advance for your help

For winter storage I bought a generic cover for an 18' boat from West Marine, to keep the canvas from sagging I yous a 2x4 from the bow to the top of the console and 2 2x4's from the top of the console to each corner of the stern. this has served me well for the last 5 years, the boat is kept on a trailer during the winter. Also I have a custom cover for the console that I use in the summer.

I just bought one on eBay last night for mine. I want something light weight that I can cram in a stuff sack in just a few minutes, and not have to fold and store a heavier cover. I went a little over size, bought a cover for 20 foot boat with 100 inch beam for $25.90 and free shipping. For another four dollars, I bought 20 of those plastic clips that you can attach anywhere around the edge for your tie-downs. I am 100 yards from my neighborhood ramp, so I'm not concerned about trailering, only leaves and junk in the boat When it is parked under the trees.
For about $150 on eBay, you can buy one which says that it is made for the Parker 1801. That will probably be my route for a winter cover.

When I had my 1801, I made a frame out of 1 1/4" PVC pipe that worked really well. It screwed easily together and stored neatly. I used an oversized blue tarp that I secured to the trailer....worked well. Had long pieces running from the console to the engine top and the other to the bow, with 'legs' coming off resting on the gunwale to reduce sag.

Back