• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Wanted! Parker Gelcoat - Pre-2015

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman1001

Reaction score
Since Cecil Marine no longer sells the older Parker color gel coat I'm hoping someone has, a 1/2 used bottle in their garage they are willing to get rid of!

Hit me up, I need!

I'm in the NYC area - I work in White Plains, live in CT. I'd take any amount really. I'm only grinding out chips and dings, then filling and finishing after that.

I'm in the NYC area - I work in White Plains, live in CT. I'd take any amount really. I'm only grinding out chips and dings, then filling and finishing after that.
I am on Long Island and should still have some stashed away but will need to get some hardener for it. I’ll shoot you a pm.

I just tinted some standard cloud white w/ great success , the stock color wont match unless your boat has been out of the sun for most of its life. At $28 bucks a qt. you can afford to mix small batches and toss them if you dont like them.

I just tinted some standard cloud white w/ great success , the stock color wont match unless your boat has been out of the sun for most of its life. At $28 bucks a qt. you can afford to mix small batches and toss them if you dont like them.
I hear yah, can you share what tints you used to get close? Yellow? Brown? Both?

Call West Coast Marine in Newport Beach, CA. They almost always have it and it's substantially less expensive than the prices you guys are talking about. They are a Parker dealer, so its direct from Parker.
949-515-2822

I hear yah, can you share what tints you used to get close? Yellow? Brown? Both?
Sorry about the delayed reply, light sienna is the perfect tint but when I needed more I could no longer find it so I ran down the colors in it . It's just a version of brown so all 3 primary colors are used. red and yellow make orange , orange and believe it or not , blue make brown. So red , yellow and blue in the right amounts make any version of brown you want. Yellow is the main ingredient , ad red as needed , and blue to darken . I thought it would be much more difficult than it was , just add small amounts until you get a feel for it . Not much blue is needed. Also , if the tint is thick , I thinned it with styrene or acetone first to make it mix easier. And trust me , you need all 3 colors to get it right , I fought with yellow and brown tints and could not get the tone just right but w/ the with the 3 primary colors you can go any tone direction you want, Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back