150 yamaha 4 strike died please help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arima

Reaction score
i have a 2005 2520 with twin 150 yamaha four strokes that i bought brand new last november and i was out trolling last wednesday and my starboard motor felt like it just ran out of gas and died the worst part of it was i was down in ensanada mexico and my truck and trailor was in san diego!!!!i limped pack to port thinking i had water in my gas but my other motor was puring like a kitten still...i got back to port pulled my fuel water seperator and it looked good but i still changed it then i checked the fuel filter on the motor looked good but still changed it then i changed the plugs they looked great checked to see if i had spark i did what else chould i check my motors are ran off 1 lanyard but i do not know what to look for there im not supper mechanicaly inclined but not stupid either..please help guys i need to get back on the water with peace of mind when i do...
thanks mike

Do the plugs have spark (ground on head and have someone turn over motor), is the primer ball firm? Can you start motor while pumping primer ball, Is the ground wire from battery securely bolted down at its' attachment on motor?

Just some shots in the dark, good luck.

I could think of many things that it could be......but considering it's less than a year in use and still under warranty, I'd take it straight to the nearest dealer.
The amount of time and effort involved could be excessive, why bother if it not something obvious that you've already checked?

thanks for the help guys i know the motor is under warantee but the shop is booked till the end of the month and i want to get back on the tuna grounds...i have spark at the plugs i tried to turn the motor over when pumping the ball thant did not work and also the grond wire is snug tight it will just turn over and that is it i would think if i had water in the tank the other motor would of done the same thing..if any of you guys could come up with some other things to try pleas throw them my way i would greatly appreiciate it and thanks for the help so far..
mike

Back