1801 (00') Anchor Locker Rod Holder Install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Eager to make upgrades on my new to me Parker 1801 I purchased some Gemlux Bluewater series rod holders as they have a clean look and will cover existing holes from factory Parker rod holders. Long Story short I decided while mounting in the bow that I did not particularly want to see the rod holders and was concerned with them hitting the inside of the boat once mounted due to legnth so I started looking at other options and mounted a little closer to the anchor locker where they are hidden inside the locker on the right and left corner not interfering in any way. After my install was completed I started to think a little more about what I did and I have concerns with water getting into the holders and going into the anchor locker. Does anyone know if the year 2000 (1801's) have a drain in the anchor locker? Mine seemed to be extremely dry but I did not have the time to dig all of the rope out and look. Worse case I can attach the drain cap from Gemlux and modifiy it to be a dummy cap so the rod holder fills with water rather than letting it drain into my anchor locker... I would like to install drain tubes that run to the bilge area if possible but wasn't sure really where to start with this...I assume if their is a drain in the locker than I will not worry about the rod holders allowing water inside of the compartment...All input appreciated.

Attachments

• 088A2194-024F-4B97-AB3A-662EE30B5663.JPG
    088A2194-024F-4B97-AB3A-662EE30B5663.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 226
  • 7C74299B-195A-47E8-89E3-F4F8D99CEDD7.JPG
    7C74299B-195A-47E8-89E3-F4F8D99CEDD7.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 226
Yes, there is a drain hole in your anchor locker that leads to the bilge. There is a free connection (drain) the entire length of the hull and under the fuel tank compartment.

GoodChance":2zd4ziqs said:
Yes, there is a drain hole in your anchor locker that leads to the bilge. There is a free connection (drain) the entire length of the hull and under the fuel tank compartment.
. So it would be ok to let the rod holders free drain into the locker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The boat is stored during the winter under a cover in my garage so no worries there but during the season it is in a wet slip. I suppose the best way to go about it is plug the drains and buy a rubber cover to go inside of the rod holders while not in use... Also contemplating rigging the two with drain tubes that run to a Y fitting than a straight shot tube that I will install a fitting towards the bottom of the locker to the deck which allows water to just drain into the deck... Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back